Channel bottoms and V2 foil fins

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Mayhem Quiver Killer with 4 channels feels bit over finned with my go to for stubbyish shortboards F8 and Mayhem quad. Was thinking maybe either size med set or my go to for my shortboard Roberts V2, I am sure its interpretation as most things but is there a rule of thumb for this?

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Quiver killer has a lower rocker

Am1 are also a good option if You want it mire neutral, p6 for a turning machine

P6 center with stretch front fins us also a good time

Reactions: chilly1

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Good call! I actually have some chewed up glass ones that came with my bat tail 15 years back!
wait stretch are V2 I be
Quiver killer has a lower rocker

Am1 are also a good option if You want it mire neutral, p6 for a turning machine

P6 center with stretch front fins us also a good time
I was thinking Med size fins but I am pretty big 225+ and 42+ in volume. I think you were suggesting M Stretch fins, mine are larger. I'm gonna see what I can conjure up from my kids old fins. I do have Am1, jordy and mayhem in Med.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
yes
Do you have the old black and yellow Mayhem set ?
Got em all. Yellow, blue in 5 fin and new thruster set also. Yellow as quad was stiff. Had been considering maybe blue quad, yellow thruster or the new ones thruster. What's your recommendation Retodd? Thanks!

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Try the blue and blk quad set . Those trailers are much smaller

Forgot to ask what the dims of the qk is?

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
That is a good amount of tail width + low tail rocker
Medium and or more flex in the fin will be a good start
No med quads except my original Stretch fiberglass seem kinda med. Front, B 4.4, H 4.5 and Rear base and front both 3.75 -smaller now left some on reef! I remember these things going good on my battail way back when! These are way smaller than the Mayhem Blue quad. Gonna run one of these sets tomorrow, forecast good, yew!

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
No med quads except my original Stretch fiberglass seem kinda med. Front, B 4.4, H 4.5 and Rear base and front both 3.75 -smaller now left some on reef! I remember these things going good on my battail way back when! These are way smaller than the Mayhem Blue quad. Gonna run one of these sets tomorrow, forecast good, yew!
Glass/retro Stretches went bit wonky. I will go lost Blue next, either thruster or quad-possibly with nubster.

BTW. Retood you are the "fin dialer", props! This may be out of your wheelhouse but Lost RNF Retro has its moments with controllers but honestly I'd prefer top free things up a bit. I was thinking maybe T1 fronts with .375 trailers or the mayhem blue or yellow(although that maybe a bit small for that much tail). Thanks!

Jul 21, 2015
I have a short round with channels. Sf4 and never look back. Fast as a mofo cr500 wfo 6th gear pinned. Qk with channels would be sweet. Pics?