Central Park Karen has been fired

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
You guys would have hated the 70's. Every longhaired hippy surfer in the world brought his unleashed dog to the beach. The dog pack at Rincon could go 20-30 deep easy.

Reactions: 2surf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The only one getting the life ruining accusations in this scenario is the gal. Just because someone freaking out calls 911 does not even remotely mean that the police will respond in a timeline manner, let alone come in hot ready to take down the accused.

Punished by existing law in this case is probably a misdemeanor at best.

Be interesting to see if the guy that posted the video really thinks this gal deserves everything she is getting in a week or so. After the first blush of media vindication wears off.
No he made a statement that he thinks it is overblown and not productive.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The only one getting the life ruining accusations in this scenario is the gal. Just because someone freaking out calls 911 does not even remotely mean that the police will respond in a timeline manner, let alone come in hot ready to take down the accused.

Punished by existing law in this case is probably a misdemeanor at best.

Be interesting to see if the guy that posted the video really thinks this gal deserves everything she is getting in a week or so. After the first blush of media vindication wears off.
Maybe they'll hook up.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You guys would have hated the 70's. Every longhaired hippy surfer in the world brought his unleashed dog to the beach. The dog pack at Rincon could go 20-30 deep easy.
yeah but back then you could hit a dog. And you could hit an asshole. .

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
the birder guy was obviously right in this situation but on the other hand who goes through the park telling people what to do?

most normal people just walk away

not blaming him exactly but I’m guessing he’s also probably an annoying person in real life
Don't know this birder in real life, but in print, he is one of the least offensive birder I've come across.

Maybe think of him as a 'stand your ground' person except without a gun, he had a video device and per posted signs, completely in the right. Or maybe think of him as the wise adult disciplining some else's unruly child...you know, it takes a village to raise some kid who's been given improper education by a lazy parent, or helping to regulate a line-up.

Reactions: rice

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Don't know this birder in real life, but in print, he is one of the least offensive birder I've come across.

Maybe think of him as a 'stand your ground' person except without a gun, he had a video device and per posted signs, completely in the right. Or maybe think of him as the wise adult disciplining some else's unruly child...you know, it takes a village to raise some kid who's been given improper education by a lazy parent, or helping to regulate a line-up.
I don’t disagree in theory

im just trying to imagine in reality being in Central Park and trying to tell some crazy dog lady to put a leash on her baby

im pretty sure i would just walk away because that’s usually a no win situation, even though she’s technically wrong

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I wonder how this got to be headline news
Anyone know?
Video or it didn't happen.

That's the MSM mantra.

Notice lately how even the stupidest sh*t peddled as "news" now gets air play, as long as there's a phone cam video.

Other WAY more important stories go by the wayside, if no video is available, unless it's political.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
cancel culture is having a field day with this gal:

"Michael Fischer, president of the Central Park Civic Association, called Amy Cooper’s actions in the widely shared video “a disgusting display of intolerance” that should “never, ever be accepted in the City’s public domain like Central Park.”

“The Central Park Civic Association condemns this behavior and is calling on Mayor [Bill] de Blasio to impose a lifetime ban on this lady for her deliberate, racial misleading of law enforcement and violating behavioral guidelines set so that all can enjoy our city’s most famous park,” Fischer said.

agree she panicked and f'd up. So far:

- Roasted on tv and social media
- Fired, probably for cause (?) in the midst of a pandemic
- Investigated by some human rights commission

this mob mentality stuff is creepy
death by ugga - Bugga. The guy is a fkn pervert.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
No he made a statement that he thinks it is overblown and not productive.
In fact, he's now come to her defense. He seems like he's a good guy

Reactions: GDaddy and rice

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Grew up hunting with

Grew up hunting with Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. As far as I'm concerned.....the only proper duck dog there is.
My dad always said you have to discipline the 3 different retrievers 3 different ways

You discipline a Golden with a harsh word, a Lab with a rolled up newspaper, and a Chessie with a 2x4

Reactions: mundus

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Maybe he can be the new Den nominee when Bides taps out

seems perfectly suited to this moment

can’t you imagine him telling you to put your mask on at the beach?

Reactions: Ifallalot