CELEBS who SURF

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
the dude who played turtle, john philbin, regularly shows up at pipe, g land, and cloudbreak. friggen charger.
Speaking of.
There's a 35 year anniversary showing of NS at the Arlington this Thursday.
I won't be attending.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
He was a real deal pro surfer/charger.

I can remember the mags in the early 90s were full of photos of him and I had some up on my walls as a kid
He was a real deal pro surfer/charger.

I can remember the mags in the early 90s were full of photos of him and I had some up on my walls as a kid
My girlfriend and I were renting an apartment at Rocky Rights for a month over the millennium New Years 2000. On our way up the beach trail to catch the sunset on the 31st we came across a wedding ceremony about to take place in the backyard of the Jones' house. It was Conan and Malia Jones NYE wedding in her family's backyard. Attendees were a whos who of the Momentum generation (Kelly, Shano, Benji, Taylor, Jack Johnson, Ross, Malloys, Noah J, Keone Downing, Akila, Brock, Jun Jo) and many other North Shore heavies. Needless to say we were star struck as every surfer I grew up idolizing was in attendance. We hung around and eventually partied with them well into the night on the sand and rang in the millennium under the North Shore stars lighting off fireworks. One of the most epic experiences of our lives.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Jonah Hill and his look at me I’m a surfer now vibe chafe me for some reason. Seems like Beachgrit agrees with me.

But I’m suspect anytime an adult pulls a Rogan and completely adopts a totally new persona out of nowhere. It makes me think they can’t be trusted.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
A well known twitter user who focuses on election integrity apparently surfs, goes by the name Conan Hayes and doesn't look half bad with a board under his feet

He had a killer section in one of the early Taylor Steele videos. Good Times?