CBD flower?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Even the RFD Farm Channel has CBD cream ads now....

"The CBD's" Slather it on...... you will be good.

Sailors used to smoke "Manila Rope".....

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I personally don't notice anything from CBD. Supposedly, it helps balance out your endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for regulating physiological and cognitive processes. From what I've been told if you took too much thc then take more cbd to help counter the anxiety inducing effects. My cousin has cancer and she says the CBD does help with her appetite, prevent nausea, and general better mood. My guess is her ECS is totally out of whack from battling the cancer that she notices the CBD effects more. I've tried using the cream on injuries and inflammation, and it didn't help any better than a normal menthol based cream.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I personally don't notice anything from CBD. Supposedly, it helps balance out your endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for regulating physiological and cognitive processes. From what I've been told if you took too much thc then take more cbd to help counter the anxiety inducing effects. My cousin has cancer and she says the CBD does help with her appetite, prevent nausea, and general better mood. My guess is her ECS is totally out of whack from battling the cancer that she notices the CBD effects more. I've tried using the cream on injuries and inflammation, and it didn't help any better than a normal menthol based cream.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I know a guy who says the ointment works for his knee pain. I don't really think so myself but I have not tried it. The thing about the flower is if you smoke it, it's going to do something to you instantly. If it gives me a feeling of peace, that might be because I have been smoking real pot since I was 9 or 10, I dunno but since they started touting the cbd wonder drug, and everybody is doing it, making money anyway they can, I believe 90% of cbd products are bullshit. If it's not over $50 you're probably getting ripped off and if it is you might be getting really ripped off.

Reactions: santacruzin

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
My old landlady, Maria. She had lymphoma. No surgery, only Chemo/Radiation. You do surgery with Lymphoma and it just spreads.

She went through hell with the Chemo. 20 different prescription drugs to counteract the side effects.

Then my neighbor talked her into trying Cannabis. This was before it went legal. Her doctor could not prescribe it without a personal request. She made the request.

Edibles. She did Brownies.

Two weeks later all of those side effect drugs went into the trash can. She did her Chemo, she ate her brownie... It was a true realization. The drugs went into the trash. I was there. I saw it.

There are so many uses for this.

Becoming a skitzoprenic 18 Y/O teenager smoking 35% THC is not an option.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
My old landlady,

Becoming a skitzoprenic 18 Y/O teenager smoking 35% THC is not an option.
I've seen kids find this out the hard way. One kid for sure but others too who ran into similar trouble right at the same adolescent-young adulthood crossroads. Not even close to 35% back then either.

I've known plenty of people stricken with all kinds of stuff it's worked, working for. I was not meaning to argue the succussed of cannabis, just wanted to share my skepticism of the various miracles claimed by many of those who market the different cbd products.
Smoking is always bad if you ask me.
But don't ask me.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Why are CBD only strains easier to grow? My understanding is limited, but Hemp is Cannabis Sativa with low less that .3% THC, also know as Cannabis Ruderalis. CBD is mostly found in sativa strains. However, nearly all strains now are hybrids. So are you saying it's easier to grow sativa dominate vs. indica dominate strains?

guess this is due to my part of the world.

the sahara desert fatrts, they call it Kalima/or/Sirrocco, call it what you will, but it immediately wilts my indicas and rhuderalis'.

Sativas on the other hand thrive with that chit. just wrinse them off when the dust starts and they eat it up, only makes them stronger, both as plants and later as meds.

on a side note, anything above 25% THC is completely unnecessary imho. whenever i run into people who quit because "the weed today is too strong!", I just hand them a bud of mine and they are all like, "SHEEEET that's like 70's weed!!!".

probably because i NEVER buy internet seeds, and all my strains were obtained straight from source in my travels. or sent here from friends around the world direct. jamaican, mexican, peruvia, nicaraguan, brazilian, hawaiian, californian, north carolina, alaskan, indonesian, russian, afghani, morrocan, etc.... NEVER BUY INTERNET SEED, ALWAYS GO TO KNOWN GROWERS WHO HAVE STRAINS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN GENETICALLY MODIFIED.

GMO weed brought us above 30% thcs.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
When you smoke it, it bypasses the liver and the entire digestive tract, so you should feel it faster. I've read that eating it reduces the bioavailability to only 20%, so if you eat 100mg you only absorb 20mg into the blood stream. Vaporizing it will give you about 50% availability. You can estimate your dosage now pretty reliably when buying from a dispensary. God knows what kids were smoking back in the 80's and 90's especially. I would not be surprised if at least 80% of the street shwag was laced with crack or pcp.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Lolalollloll that would explain a lot of things but you had to buy crack separately if my memory serves me correctly

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think some people have to do a big dose.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
NEVER BUY INTERNET SEED, ALWAYS GO TO KNOWN GROWERS WHO HAVE STRAINS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN GENETICALLY MODIFIED.

GMO weed brought us above 30% thcs.
What sort of Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) work has been done on cannabis?

When I see GMO, I think laboratory DNA modification, using technology to insert gene sequences from something else into the target. You know, like some carrot DNA into rice for better nutrition. Or making corn immune to Round-up.

GMO at this level isn't done cheaply nor easily, which is why corporations do it.

So on the face of it, I don't see this happening with cannabis.....where is the financial gain when there is clear and present legal risk?

Selective breeding of plants has been done by humans for centuries and it has been done without labs and gene editing. So I am not sure this really counts as GMO. I mean, you can try your best, but you're not ever going to get frog DNA or Sequoia DNA into cannabis DNA with an eye dropper or feather or locking them up in a dark closest with Barry White playing but in a lab, you might be able to do such a thing.

As such, I doubt GMO is an accurate term to apply to cannabis grown today for consumption.

I think the high high THC levels are a result of improved growing knowledge, with the specialty fertilizers, soils, green houses, watering schedules, lighting schedules, cloning, selective breeding (in-breeding in some cases), etc.

Nothing is free though. High THC content may come at the cost of other aspects.

Anyway, I am hardly a GMO scholar and maybe Archer Daniels Midland has secretly released lab modified GMO pot into the world with fetal tissue to better withstand saline soils or with NZ tree-fern DNA so we can quit using bamboo as a building material while getting high at the same time.

Reactions: Northern_Shores

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
When you smoke it, it bypasses the liver and the entire digestive tract, so you should feel it faster. I've read that eating it reduces the bioavailability to only 20%, so if you eat 100mg you only absorb 20mg into the blood stream. Vaporizing it will give you about 50% availability. You can estimate your dosage now pretty reliably when buying from a dispensary. God knows what kids were smoking back in the 80's and 90's especially. I would not be surprised if at least 80% of the street shwag was laced with crack or pcp.
ya should have been around in the 60's and 70's. :cool: 60 years, I've been rolling, bong'in or use a small travel pipe for weed. None of the other poop. papers.jpg
My sushi roller above is older than some of you.

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
What sort of Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) work has been done on cannabis?

When I see GMO, I think laboratory DNA modification, using technology to insert gene sequences from something else into the target. You know, like some carrot DNA into rice for better nutrition. Or making corn immune to Round-up.

GMO at this level isn't done cheaply nor easily, which is why corporations do it.

So on the face of it, I don't see this happening with cannabis.....where is the financial gain when there is clear and present legal risk?

Selective breeding of plants has been done by humans for centuries and it has been done without labs and gene editing. So I am not sure this really counts as GMO. I mean, you can try your best, but you're not ever going to get frog DNA or Sequoia DNA into cannabis DNA with an eye dropper or feather or locking them up in a dark closest with Barry White playing but in a lab, you might be able to do such a thing.

As such, I doubt GMO is an accurate term to apply to cannabis grown today for consumption.

I think the high high THC levels are a result of improved growing knowledge, with the specialty fertilizers, soils, green houses, watering schedules, lighting schedules, cloning, selective breeding (in-breeding in some cases), etc.

Nothing is free though. High THC content may come at the cost of other aspects.

Anyway, I am hardly a GMO scholar and maybe Archer Daniels Midland has secretly released lab modified GMO pot into the world with fetal tissue to better withstand saline soils or with NZ tree-fern DNA so we can quit using bamboo as a building material while getting high at the same time.

Very good friend from college years works for one of the largest seed companies in Holland. Actually based out of India, but ship via Holland to the rest of the world.

Monsanto has "taken over" several of "their" most popular strains.

It's at the seed level, and yes it has happened.

Remember, just cause Dumberika "illegalized" it 'at home' for 40 some years, doesn't mean we're not involved in funding and benefitting from the research that went right ahead during those 40 some years, mainly Israeli, South African and Indian laboratories.

Or, do we still believe they're "discovering" all these CBD, CBG, CBA, CBXetera, just now?

It's like your "smart" phone. 40 year old tech.

Just rolling out new versions of the wheel.

I'm with PPK on this one, as most of my strains are direct decendants from those 60-70's strains.

They worked then, they work now.

All the rest? You can keep it.

Just put a pretty fruity name on it, add some new terpenes for desired aroma and taste and you have next years new "hit crop".

ROFLMAO at those dum-dums falling for all the marketing and dishing out hard earned dollars for something they can DIY better.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::shameonyou:

Seeds to soil, flowers to oil. It really is THAT SIMPLE.

Reactions: Driftcoast

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I had smoked pretty strong stuff in the mid eighties, was not crack or pcp but I smoked that too on occasion but the weed was a lot better than people generally think was around back then. Once or twice a year, sometimes for a month or so there was really good tasty stuff. I'm just saying.
Granted it's come a long way, but some people did some heavy growing a long time ago
. I have enjoyed the convenience of a strong vape pen, and I prefer an 18" single chamber bong, but from day one up to present I use a little homemade wooden bowl about the size of a lighter. I learned from those before me.
IMO Blunts were the stupidest thing since the tv commercial with the frying pan.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Absolutely.

what really flips me out is how people worry so much about what's in their weed and coffee, but say HELLO to big pharma and choke down the pills and ointments without a care of what's in there.... trust, is an issue. huh?