Catfight at Pipeline

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Why didn't she punch her in the face?

That sends a very clear easy to understand message.

Don't ask me how I know this.:shaka::trout:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Why didn't she punch her in the face?

That sends a very clear easy to understand message.
apparently she did try and swing at her. When asked, she copped to it, too. Lol.

message being sent, me thinks. Blond white girl claiming Brazil when convenient goes to the islands and tries to claim pipe as hers.

really wish this encounter involved an banzai bowl.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
apparently she did try and swing at her. When asked, she copped to it, too. Lol.

message being sent, me thinks. Blond white girl claiming Brazil when convenient goes to the islands and tries to claim pipe as hers.

really wish this encounter involved an banzai bowl.
I've had sessions ruined by packs of Brazilians.

Yet, some of the best people I know are Brazilian too.

Man, it just don't make no sense to me.

It's so hard to take a simplified view of life sometimes.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this gossip when I woke up this morning.

Pretty easy to understand.
Tati burned local girl. Local girl is pissed.
The only way to feel like you can impact a "public figure" is to go after them "in public" and, oddly, that means online now.

The bigger issue she touches on about people trying to bro/buy their spot in the lineup is totally valid.

The recording from Stab isn't on her. It's on Stab. But the "take it to the beach" moment they caught actually makes this more entertaining than the dork getting swung on by the guy in Mexico.

I agree that an acai bowl would've brought this over the top.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Looks like Moana was too deep.

Ladies bringing in the drama.

These women "want respect in a misogynistic male dominated sport" yet can't leave the drama at home, they have to make it public on instagram lol.

Why do all the clips of the interaction have the sound muted?

What's even funnier is per reports Moana was cursing up a storm and tried to hit Tati...but her insty links to www.amazingfacts.org
How's the edge-up on the guy in the foreground? Is that Drake?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I dunno. been following her for awhile since there was a feature on her being a pipe local and one of the only girls putting in time and getting waves. Sounds like on an average swell she's lucky to get a couple of waves a session so for tati to come in and burn her, I can understand why she's so pissed.

Honestly IMO it seems like it's her FU to pro surfing which should make a lot of people happy
She's the only girl, besides Keala, who charges Pipe. Puts in a lot of time out there, but she does get helped out by her friends like Barron Mamiya. Still, she puts in a lot of time and it's no coincidence that Tati burns the only other girl out there. I understand why she's so pissed. Tati didn't burn any guys, only Moana. Moana a purple belt also.

Tati being from Kauai but claiming Brazil when beneficial is lame.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I've had sessions ruined by packs of Brazilians.

Yet, some of the best people I know are Brazilian too.

Man, it just don't make no sense to me.

It's so hard to take a simplified view of life sometimes.
I've had sessions ruined by close friends. people either understand/care about etiquette or they don't
Greed/blinders. Andy Irons and Kala talk about it in the Ward Stories video, about how Kala dinged his dome up for dropping in, and Kala specifically said "....had to catch every wave that came through at Backdoor....", not just mentioning the drop-ins, but the London mentality PPK talked about "the kid thinks everything is his".

Some people have to contest position on literally every wave possible.
Some people, I'm convinced they've never split a peak and gone backside in their entire life.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
In my experience a lot of guys simply volunteer.

Lakey Peterson tried to coordinate one not too long ago with me as the blockee - it didn't work out for her and she had a hissy fit as I called her off. Later heard her grumbling to her blocker about it, he's all "I didn't think he would still be able to go!":rolleyes: Guy was in his mid 50s.
Where was this?
I've surfed Rincon on several occasions when Lakey is out and she has no issues getting waves out there on her own. She's a bigger girl and a very strong paddler so I doubt she'd need a blocker anywhere in So. Cal. if that is where this supposedly took place.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Greed/blinders. Andy Irons and Kala talk about it in the Ward Stories video, about how Kala dinged his dome up for dropping in, and Kala specifically said "....had to catch every wave that came through at Backdoor....", not just mentioning the drop-ins, but the London mentality PPK talked about "the kid thinks everything is his".

Some people have to contest position on literally every wave possible.
Some people, I'm convinced they've never split a peak and gone backside in their entire life.
LEAVE LONDON ALONE!

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 12.28.08 PM.png