Catfight at Pipeline

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
have to say brazos have dramatically improved over the last few years - think they were tired of the rep - hate to say it bc i hated brazos, but now have some good brazo friends who surf well and are mellow
I should have a surf with LifeOnMars, help him get out of that prejudice hole he dug himself into.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Looks like Moana was too deep.

Ladies bringing in the drama.

These women "want respect in a misogynistic male dominated sport" yet can't leave the drama at home, they have to make it public on instagram lol.

Why do all the clips of the interaction have the sound muted?

What's even funnier is per reports Moana was cursing up a storm and tried to hit Tati...but her insty links to www.amazingfacts.org
Curious, Moana looks soooo much prettier on the shot of this video than she does on any of her IG posts. weird stuff.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think it's funny how when you put women in a competitive setting doing something that is masculine in nature, they start to act like men (awful).

Curious, Moana looks soooo much prettier on the shot of this video than she does on any of her IG posts. weird stuff.
I thought that too.

Some people look better in person than they do in digital photos.

I can't take a decent photo.

My driver's license photo, I look like Mitch Mconell. :monkey:

*When I Zoom I totally look like the cryptkeeper.:cry:

But you should see me in person.

STUNNING!:dancing:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Boil it down, and the dust up is over a C- grade position in a dead end job. Surfers, especially pro surfers, are dumb.

Reactions: Autoprax

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
looks like neither could make it

It's blatantly obvious.

That's what's so hilarious about this whole thing.

It's really easy to get frustrated in a really competitve crowded lineup when you're not getting any waves. Then an opportunity comes through after you've been sitting there an hour, but you end up a hair too deep and the guy a little ways down the line takes it and you're thinking "WTF! I was burned! Asshole snowballed me! etc" but really it was you, and you were out of position and someone else went.

For Moana it was this, then injury, then the frustration of every surfer on the planet convening on the North Shore every winter, which would drive me insane.

I empathize with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Boil it down, and the dust up is over a C- grade position in a dead end job. Surfers, especially pro surfers, are dumb.
“Careers have been made on less”
Ray Wylie Hubbard

I expect some disagreement here but imho people would be more civil with each other if they’d been solidly punched in the grill a time or two in their developing years.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Ray Wylie Hubbard

I expect some disagreement here but imho people would be more civil with each other if they’d been solidly punched in the grill a time or two in their developing years.
I had a friend not get into a fight until he was 43 when his neighbor attacked him.

He was in a state of disbelief and he froze.

I was exposed to low level violence that finnigan talks about from the first first grade and was engaging in it all the way through til I left high school.

What that does is teach you that violence is on the table. It's an option. It really informs your decision making.

Also the awareness that there are a lot of people out there who can kick the sh!t out of you.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I had a friend not get into a fight until he was 43 when his neighbor attacked him.

He was in a state of disbelief and he froze.

I was exposed to low level violence that finnigan talks about from the first first grade and was engaging in it all the way through til I left high school.

What that does is teach you that violence is on the table. It's an option. It really informs your decision making.

Also the awareness that there are a lot of people out there who can kick the sh!t out of you.
Remember the part in the PT book when he’s in Oaxaca and they talk about how less people get cut when everyone carries a big knife? What would the social media equivalent be?

Back to the subject - breathe holding contest?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
have to say brazos have dramatically improved over the last few years - think they were tired of the rep - hate to say it bc i hated brazos, but now have some good brazo friends who surf well and are mellow
still the vast majority try to surf like it's a CT heat, there are some cool mellow ones also but usually not the norm. it's ingrained into their culture and they can't seem to help themselves.
I should have a surf with LifeOnMars, help him get out of that prejudice hole he dug himself into.
just speaking from past experience and what i've seen around the world.

Reactions: brukuns

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Remember the part in the PT book when he’s in Oaxaca and they talk about how less people get cut when everyone carries a big knife? What would the social media equivalent be?

Back to the subject - breathe holding contest?
When I was in El Salvador I was told everyone has a machete. And it was the same deal. No body is looking for trouble but if you want it . . . .

Social media emboldens cowards to lob grenades over fences.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
still the vast majority try to surf like it's a CT heat, there are some cool mellow ones also but usually not the norm. it's ingrained into their culture and they can't seem to help themselves.

Point of order; the issue is trying to surf like it's a QS heat circa early 2000s. If they surfed like CT heats, there'd be no problem, ever, because everyone would get priority.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Ray Wylie Hubbard

I found that was an exploitable issue when living in SolCal -- lots of sh!t talking, few broken noses. Street fighters don't make threats . . .I'm no badass but have had my ass kicked enough so that getting punched in the face doesn't freak me out.

You've never seen a girl fight until you've seen southern Black chicks throw down.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

I'm just messing with you, I know too well how many brazilians can be. Still on my last session I had this very scary looking local giving me tips when he saw me struggling on a few waves. Brazilians can be annoying but I doubt you will EVER find more receptive people.

Reactions: Autoprax

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I'm just messing with you, I know too well how many brazilians can be. Still on my last session I had this very scary looking local giving me tips when he saw me struggling on a few waves. Brazilians can be annoying but I doubt you will EVER find more receptive people.
If you ever came to surf in Brazil I'm sure you would feel welcome on the surf spots (something that will never ever happen at any break in the entire state of califuckingfornia). Many guys on the erbb have visited and know this to be true (just don't expect to go to one of the 2 point breaks in the entire country and have an easy time).