Carves - A thread of pictures

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Mike Purpus. He's the only "famous" surfer I see surfing all the time.
You must surf my zone. I can usually see him down by Knob Hill. He used to surf towards Topaz more, but about 20 years ago there was a little kerfuffle and he has stayed further south ever since.

Last edited:
Reactions: One-Off

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Can't find a decent image but the grab rail cutback Rasta does with his other hand skimming the waters surface at the end of Blue Horizon is seared into my minds eye anyway.

Reactions: Maz

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Been looking for stuff from Richard Cram and French surfer Thierry Domenech from the 80's. Solid carves from those two. I'll let someone else grace us.

Reactions: One-Off

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Been looking for stuff from Richard Cram and French surfer Thierry Domenech from the 80's. Solid carves from those two. I'll let someone else grace us.
I went back and"liked" every photo in this thread. I so much prefer carving to airs.

I was looking for an image of Poto (Vetea David). It was a cut back photo in black and white from an old mag that I had taped in front of my desk for years.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Mike Purpus. He's the only "famous" surfer I see surfing all the time.
Childhood friend and I just had a text convo about how the guy in the red wetsuit and red single fin that haunted the avenues in our teenage years had to be purpus, and what a kook we thought he was in 1989

Reactions: ChaseTMP