cart narc

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
If it's somewhere that has limited parking like the LA videos then yeah, the carts blocking parking spots would probably drive me nuts too. However some of these videos have huge parking lots where someone leaving a cart is certainly not polite, but not really a big deal either. If I was a stoned teenager working at a grocery store I would much rather trade hours for dollars walking to the far reaches of the parking lot to fetch carts instead of mopping floors or whatever miserable crap people do for minimum wage.

Either way, weird hill to die on.

Reactions: Boneroni

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
If it's somewhere that has limited parking like the LA videos then yeah, the carts blocking parking spots would probably drive me nuts too. However some of these videos have huge parking lots where someone leaving a cart is certainly not polite, but not really a big deal either. If I was a stoned teenager working at a grocery store I would much rather trade hours for dollars walking to the far reaches of the parking lot to fetch carts instead of mopping floors or whatever miserable crap people do for minimum wage.

Either way, weird hill to die on.
Not to mention plenty of time to burn one if you're a bored teenager working shopping cart control.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
On an aside.. has anyone here ever worked in retail? Like retail clothing. I couldn't even imagine working with the general public.
I'm glad I always worked in outdoor jobs and construction when I was a youngster.
I would have been fired on the spot in a day or two if I had to deal with the GP.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I will return the cart if it's in the same parking isle.

Otherwise why threaten the job security of the cart collector guy?

I'm a job creator, like JEwing.

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
On an aside.. has anyone here ever worked in retail? Like retail clothing. I couldn't even imagine working with the general public.
I'm glad I always worked in outdoor jobs and construction when I was a youngster.
I would have been fired on the spot in a day or two if I had to deal with the GP.
Yeah, I worked the whole gamut of garbage minimum wage jobs in my youth. Paper route, pizza place, grocery stores, a few retail gigs, groundskeeper at an apartment complex, and a dozen or so other crap gigs that the low level PTSD from dealing with that crap does not allow me to recall at the moment.

Overall, I never found the public to be so bad. You just deal with them like you are human. It's really the people you work for that make a difference. People don't quit jobs, they quit bosses.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Being a valet was an awesome job overall. Had to work holidays/weekends, but that was when the surf was more crowded anyway. Cash money. Exercise. The way you were treated depended on the location (optional valet vs. mandatory valet). A lot of general public would treat the valets poorly, like the colored hired help. I would eat that shet up like a pig eats slop, then give it back to them in overbearing positivity with complements, smiling like I just got laid. It would infuriate them, although that wasn't really my goal. My goal was to get them to talk to our Chinese boss, who loved to fck with complaining a$$hole customers!

Reactions: grapedrink

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
We see carts all the time in the canyon going up to where I live. Stolen from the local Safeway. It does make it easy for the local sheriffs to keep track on where the transients are though...not too far from their cart...