Canceling student loan debt.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yeah Klobuchar.
Except she’s about as charismatic as a sack of russet potatoes. I’ll give her credit for her policy positions though, because they seem reasonable, and I think she could hold her own on the debate stage against Trumps schoolyard tactics.

Do any GOP candidates have an election strategy or platform that isn't the same, and actually winds up being worse for the fiscal situation, 8 years into an expansion?
Probably not. I’m not a republican, despite attempts to ilk me as one because I dare to criticize the Left (see Bill Maher thread for context), so I wouldn’t know.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Just had the conversation with my GF about her student loans for her law degree and my jaw was on the floor. I was blessed to have a mother who was a college professor. She opted for tuition remission for my sister and I instead of a dental plan, so I never had to take out student loans. I had no idea how terrible and predatory they are. I was always under the impression that federally backed loans offered protections for borrowers but the terms of her loan seem less fair than your typical strip mall payday advance. I bet Danny Aiello in The Professional would give a loan with better terms.

She has 8 loans through Great Lakes that are just staggering. They had her on an income based "payment plan" that not only applied zero of her payments to the principal but had her accruing interest at an unspeakable rate that can only be described as criminal. Or at least it should be. I wish I could find an investment that would grow at the rate her interest was growing. It was astonishing. The crazy part is that she is one of many, I was reading up on it last night and Great Lakes has something like 10,000,000 borrowers.

Reactions: Ifallalot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Just had the conversation with my GF about her student loans for her law degree and my jaw was on the floor. I was blessed to have a mother who was a college professor. She opted for tuition remission for my sister and I instead of a dental plan, so I never had to take out student loans. I had no idea how terrible and predatory they are. I was always under the impression that federally backed loans offered protections for borrowers but the terms of her loan seem less fair than your typical strip mall payday advance. I bet Danny Aiello in The Professional would give a loan with better terms.

She has 8 loans through Great Lakes that are just staggering. They had her on an income based "payment plan" that not only applied zero of her payments to the principal but had her accruing interest at an unspeakable rate that can only be described as criminal. Or at least it should be. I wish I could find an investment that would grow at the rate her interest was growing. It was astonishing. The crazy part is that she is one of many, I was reading up on it last night and Great Lakes has something like 10,000,000 borrowers.
These are the people DeVoss is protecting.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Bullshit. Are they gonna roll back home prices so I can live on a single income too?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Why do you protect these dirtbags?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
true dat..real education begins during your bachelors though when youre actually taking classes that apply to your major and that you enjoy.

on top of that the college experience in general Id say is priceless as well. lots of life experiences wrapped up in that 4 years.
I had no college experience. I worked and studied. Maybe that's why I'm so bitter.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Break up with her.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006

I had a friend that racked up huge student loan debt and then just went expat to Europe. Never paid one cent. No longer in his credit report.