afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
the modern, media-savvy permutation of this phenomenon started with MADD

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Dylann Roof is an example that critical race theory isn't grass roots enough yet to gain enough real traction.

Cop: "Is there someone that nurtures you and, like, led you down this path or was this just Dylann."
Dylann: "It's pretty much just the internet, you know. All of the information is there."

If the internet is the school the search results are the teachers. Dylann is a gold mine of information.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Cancel culture used to be a right wing phenomenon: Religious right, PMRC, moral majority, Dan Quayle vs Murphy Brown etc. Now it's lefty and for different reasons but just as annoying, righteous and spiteful. Bottom line, cancel culture = mark ass busters.
It's American as apple pie; always has been. One could just keep their nose clean, couldn't one?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Confession: I wanted to cancel Jared from Subway long before he was outed as a pedophile. Does that make me a hipster because I hated him long before it was cool to hate him?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
On a more current note, I’d really love to cancel every variation of Real Housewives and 90 day Fiancé.

Reactions: mundus

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Cancel culture used to be a right wing phenomenon: Religious right, PMRC, moral majority, Dan Quayle vs Murphy Brown etc. Now it's lefty and for different reasons but just as annoying, righteous and spiteful. Bottom line, cancel culture = mark ass busters.
Could things have been different if the witches had burned the puritans at the stake instead of the other way around? :unsure:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Confession: I wanted to cancel Jared from Subway long before he was outed as a pedophile. Does that make me a hipster because I hated him long before it was cool to hate him?
No, because there was nothing likable about him in the first place

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
It's American as apple pie; always has been. One could just keep their nose clean, couldn't one?
Before the interwebs it was "boycotts". Boycott grapes. Boycott Florida Orange Juice. Boycott Coors. BDS Israel.
Not much had a huge impact.

Now, an online mob can be wrangled instantly, which can get the attention of traditional media. IMO businesses are terrified of the "Twitter Mobs", so in that sense cancelling seems to be more effective than old-school boycotts.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
You anti-wokesters don't know who you're being manipulated by, but you're being manipulated just the same. And your sh!t stinks just like any other transgender lesbian womxn.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Before the interwebs it was "boycotts". Boycott grapes. Boycott Florida Orange Juice. Boycott Coors. BDS Israel.
Not much had a huge impact.

Now, an online mob can be wrangled instantly, which can get the attention of traditional media. IMO businesses are terrified of the "Twitter Mobs", so in that sense cancelling seems to be more effective than old-school boycotts.
I look forward to the never-ending improvements.

• Haha
Reactions: Driftcoast