Can you get Giardia from surfing?

SurfFuerteventura

Kelly Slater status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
wash your hands when you process food.

never understood bare hands food prepping for restaurants and the like, make those fakkas wear gloves!

:cursing:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Glove are not a panacea for food handlers.

Wear gloves, touch filth, touch food is no different from not wearing gloves, touching filth, touching food.

Anyway, back when I was working in the food service industry, "they" made me get a food handle card. To get it you had to read govt literature on proper sanitation and food handling/storage, and pass a government test (at least in Oregon). Is that still required?

Or does the hiring entity do it all in-house now without the govt murdering the business? ;)

Oh, and congrats on getting the proper meds, GWS. Giardia got a few of hiking buddies back in the university days and it never seemed very enjoyable to me. Thankfully, OSU's student health center was on top of wilderness related illnesses....

1699377973269.png
1699378008675.png

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Glove are not a panacea for food handlers.

Wear gloves, touch filth, touch food is no different from not wearing gloves, touching filth, touching food.

Anyway, back when I was working in the food service industry, "they" made me get a food handle card. To get it you had to read govt literature on proper sanitation and food handling/storage, and pass a government test (at least in Oregon). Is that still required?

Or does the hiring entity do it all in-house now without the govt murdering the business? ;)

Oh, and congrats on getting the proper meds, GWS. Giardia got a few of hiking buddies back in the university days and it never seemed very enjoyable to me. Thankfully, OSU's student health center was on top of wilderness related illnesses....

View attachment 166160
View attachment 166161
This brings to mind that "Beaver Fever" documentary that featured a very pissed off erBBer....

• Wow
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura