Can you get a perfect fit(no flushing) with wetsuit and hood?

Jan 8, 2023
I have a terrible memory and I can't picture my full setup when I lived in the Bay area and surfed from linda mar to Stinson. But I do remember getting ice cream headaches sometimes and as I was considering moving to places that have real cold water, I'm wondering if flushing is always going to happen or if you can get a perfect fit with your hood in particular and avoid it.

If you have a perfect fit with your hood and don't get ice cream headaches I'd be interested to hear which hood you have.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I just use the separate hoods that you pull on and they have a longer neck piece that goes over your wetsuit neck. They greatly minimize ice cream headaches. The hood I have right now (rip curl) is especially stretchy and let's some water in on occaision. Mainly it keeps the ice cream headaches away though.

Reactions: 000

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Stop looking straight into the white water. looking down will help keep the water out.

good luck on a rag doll wipe out, however

Reactions: TeamScam

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
The trick is to buy a L out of vanity even though you need an xls. Then stretch yourself into the thing for a few weeks, it eventually stretches out to fit perfectly. No flushing at all, though the neck was really tight for a few sessions.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
get your mind out of the gutter. Im thinking more along the lines of the fresh fish who breaks on his first night and is beaten to death by the guards in Shawshank. Before it gets rapey

Jan 8, 2023
I remember approving this cat recently

careful bud, you’re fresh fish, but, try to enjoy the process and it won’t be as traumatic as it could be
I actually used to post regularly on this board almost 20 years ago. I'm sure a lot has changed. I like to think I'm prepared for any possible fuckery.

Reactions: Aruka and Subway

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
I dont like attached hoods as they seem to stiff so I always get a regular full suit and use this hood. Dont put the flap under your wetsuit though because it becomes stiff to turn your head and rash generating. Better to just lap it over the neck of your wetsuit. Only flushes a bit on the worst hits.Where are you surfing?

I think you have something to show us now...

Last edited:

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
How the heck are you supposed to flush the pi$$ out? Never want it that sealed, unless your into that sorta stuff. This place won’t judge.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I try hard to not **** in my first year suits, but don't tell my boots, they end up doing the heavy lifting stink wise.

Jan 8, 2023
I have a pee fetish so no worries there. But yeah I'm based in Long island now. I have no free time so I wont be surfing anyways but am going to move in september and I'm considering the northeast or northwest although they are pretty low on the list. More likely I will be in hawaii and not have to worry about it, but I was still curious.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway