Can we talk about the POPEYE'S CHICKEN SANDWICH?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
The rue, The oil. The Chicken. Southern fried chicken is a total art form. We can try but we don't come close.

My brother was down in New Orleans earlier this year. Went to a local chicken shack and had Fried Chicken. A life changing experience.
That's been my experience too. They do yard-bird like nobody's business down there. And let's not even talk about watermelon fresh out of a backyard garden or small local farm in Mississippi. Don't ever try it. Once you've had it, you can never go back.

I found these guys in Memphis http://gusfriedchicken.com/ and really, really like 'em. Looks like they have locations in Burbank, Long Beach and Los Angeles. I wonder if its the same as what you get in Memphis? Probably not.

I don't even know what to say about Popeye's. Just sad.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
in helLA there are 4 or 5 new chic-fil-a’s and there is constantly lines down the street at each location. I guess Californians have realized that southern food is just better than bland west coast food.
no, it can't be. southern food is largely atrocious. here's a tip for travelers: when in the South, if the restaurant sign says anything about Mom's, Granny's, Home Cooking, Country Cooking et al , it means that all the vegetables are boiled to death and most everything else is deep-fried. Y'all want sweet tea with that?

Reactions: crustBrother

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
no, it can't be. southern food is largely atrocious.
In spite of what I said in my previous post. I agree 100%

Take okra for example. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle on some salt and cayenne pepper and charcoal grill until tender. Amazing. Or do like they do it in the south and boil it into a tasteless slimy mush.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
no, it can't be. southern food is largely atrocious. here's a tip for travelers: when in the South, if the restaurant sign says anything about Mom's, Granny's, Home Cooking, Country Cooking et al , it means that all the vegetables are boiled to death and most everything else is deep-fried. Y'all want sweet tea with that?
I was doing a race in Racine Wisconsin and every restaurant meal I got came with a little tub of drawn butter. Finally, post race I got big burger and fries and out came the butter.

I asked why butter with a burger/fries and fat ass waitress said it was for whatever I wanted to put it on.

So I poured it all over the burger.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
I was doing a race in Racine Wisconsin and every restaurant meal I got came with a little tub of drawn butter. Finally, post race I got big burger and fries and out came the butter.

I asked why butter with a burger/fries and fat ass waitress said it was for whatever I wanted to put it on.

So I poured it all over the burger.
Cool story, bro

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Anyone try the Impossible Burger from BK?

Jason Davis?
was buying them from Whole Foods for a while...the takeaway is that a) they run about $15 per pound of "meat" and b) the 20 or so ingredients they need to make it may or may not be any healthier than meat. that being said, they really do taste like a Whopper.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
man I disagree. And I love tea extremely sweet.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
my mom from the south - her fried chicken is real good...
but the indos do fried chicken really well

been eating it so much!!!!

Reactions: ~rwright~

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
Heya Truth,
i'm a fan of your barrellin' ridin' antics that ya some~times post up here on thee erBB!
That said, what other critters do they have ya eatin' down there?
Ever getcha some of this gnarly fresh sheee~it:
wa~ga!
:drowning:

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Popeyes is Loo-zanna.

IMHO #1 is shrimp; if they don't have shrimp or you don't like it, saltwater fish or chicken. Just be careful, they fry non-breast parts of chicken. Be very careful of that.

If you wish to establish the credibility upon these streets, order grits with your fish/shrimp, especially if it's not breakfast. If you hear any lip, whatsoever, regarding the grits, look positively perturbed and ask "where's ya'll's grits at?" and look around concerned like there might be Yankees or Fed'ral Mens about.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
She was outweighed by about 150 pounds.

That said, granny should have dropped her hips and gone into monkey steals peaches technique. :eek:
Yeah, that was my thought. There was a moment when she could have dropped her hip and stopped his momentum.

Once he had her moving she was toast.

Grabbing some one's balls in a fight is a weird thing if you are not used to it.

Last edited: