Can we talk about the new TESLA TRUCK?

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
why is that? i don't really follow or know much about this kinda stuff. the part about the unveiling being a scheme to get investors or him saying the design is not structurally sound? or just everything he said?
everything the guy said was ignorant speculation. Tesla has produced successful vehicles in the past there’s no reason to doubt that they can make another vehicle successfully.

Elon Musk is a genius, no need to second guess his future accomplishments.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
You'all like the Tesla truck. You'all are California Democrats. What will you do when you go on a US road trip, outside of California, and you cannot find a place to plug your truck in to???? Have a good tow truck company on standby.
LFMOA @ U

These are just Tesla Superchargers in 2018

1575749986917.png

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Not to mention all of the boatloads of hotels, shopping centers, and businesses that have, or will install EV charging stations around the world, to make way for the future!

Oh and um Leaverite, there's 8 stations at the Ventana resort, as well as a tesla supercharging station coming to Cambria, along with a slew of others at all of those little drive up hotels along Moonstone dr.
So your points are archaic and moot.

And, I'm pretty sure you will be seeing lots of teslas, and EV's along the big sur coast in the future, if not already.
After all, plenty of techies, tesla owners, ev owners love to goto big sur!

What more to live a sustainable life along the big sur coast than with an EV! Solar! Composting! shrooms, weed, moonshine, fishing, poison oak, sharks, wind and fog too!!
haha, good one!

For sure you will see lots of CYBERTRUCKS up that way come 2022, all with some sort of engineered surf, kayak, sup rack,/ camping tent up top/ towing a trailer too!!

Reactions: fishtank

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
I realize this is obvious and probably brought up a million times before, but we've spent the last century building infrastructure to deliver gasoline to vehicles. Of course delivering electric to cars is going to take some time to catch up.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishtank

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
YEah, but if yo offload in Eastern Oregon yo could be screwed...
Not to mention all of the boatloads of hotels, shopping centers, and businesses that have, or will install EV charging stations around the world, to make way for the future!

Oh and um Leaverite, there's 8 stations at the Ventana resort, as well as a tesla supercharging station coming to Cambria, along with a slew of others at all of those little drive up hotels along Moonstone dr.
So your points are archaic and moot.

And, I'm pretty sure you will be seeing lots of teslas, and EV's along the big sur coast in the future, if not already.
After all, plenty of techies, tesla owners, ev owners love to goto big sur!

What more to live a sustainable life along the big sur coast than with an EV! Solar! Composting! shrooms, weed, moonshine, fishing, poison oak, sharks, wind and fog too!!
haha, good one!

For sure you will see lots of CYBERTRUCKS up that way come 2022, all with some sort of engineered surf, kayak, sup rack,/ camping tent up top/ towing a trailer too!!
Yeah, but if you offload in eastern Oregon you could be screwed....

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
his guest is an idiot
i saw that dude driving down the PCH once years back. kicked his ass in an old Honda CRV racing thru traffic and he was in porche or something. dude can't drive :rolleyes:

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Cannon fodder
Cannon fodder is an informal, derogatory term for combatants who are regarded or treated by government or military command as expendable in the face of enemy fire. The term is generally used in situations where combatants are forced to deliberately fight against hopeless odds in an effort to achieve a strategic goal; an example is the trench warfare of World War I. The term may also be used to differentiate infantry from other forces, or to distinguish expendable low-grade or inexperienced combatants from supposedly more valuable veterans.

All you guys who are running out to buy the latest innovation will be taking the financial hit for those who wait for the technology to be tested to the point of being reliable, practical and cost effective.
Thanks to your sacrifice, this tech may someday actually be useful for us normal people who need trucks. ;)

PS How long were the lines to charge up the Teslas on Thanksgiving weekend?

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Only a few places had a line, SLO area. big deal, those drivers are dum dums, you may need to get creative with your charging from time to time. Plus they are building charging stations constantly so yeah, it happened, but probably not too many more times if any.Gas station lines can get bad as well, as in natural disasters?

Tech has been around on Tesla for over 10 years now. Their base tech is solid. Constantly tweaking features, updates, etc, all car companies do that with their models. Think about when Toyota changed the Tundra and Tacoma? no difference really.

Price will go up, not down. Tech will get better and better.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I realize this is obvious and probably brought up a million times before, but we've spent the last century building infrastructure to deliver gasoline to vehicles. Of course delivering electric to cars is going to take some time to catch up.
...and then we're gonna spend the next century removing them from the inner cities, building more in the 'burbs, then slowly start taking those out while we put in the electrical stuff.

IF current tech/market forces follow predictions.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Some of those are worthy of hitting on purpose. I'd be lying if I said I never spitefully took out a few delineators because screw Caltrans and their flouting of Public Works regs that apply to the rest of us.

On the bright side, at least it didn't shatter the windows.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
It dumbfounds me how people can think it's more efficient to transform fossil fuel into electricity, transport the electricity many miles, put the electricity into a battery, store the electricity chemically, discharge the electricity, and then transform it in an electric motor to power a vehicle.....

.....more efficient than converting fossil fuel directly into mechanical energy to power a vehicle.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
It dumbfounds me how people can think it's more efficient to transform fossil fuel into electricity, transport the electricity many miles, put the electricity into a battery, store the electricity chemically, discharge the electricity, and then transform it in an electric motor to power a vehicle.....

.....more efficient than converting fossil fuel directly into mechanical energy to power a vehicle.

so you dont like the truck?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Electricity has the potential to tap into much more robust sources of energy than fossil fuels, like the sun, either through solar or nuclear fusion. I’m not opposed to fossil fuels. There just have to be better ways of harnessing energy than digging up fossil fuels and burning them. Nuclear can right now produce virtually limitless energy. It’s just that we are not currently able to minimize or eliminate the horrible tail risks. But maybe in the future ...

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

They can actually calculate the gasoline equivalent mileage of electric cars. Typically runs around 80 - 110 mpg. Large electric plants are so much more efficient than small internal compustion engines.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010

It’s a step in the right direction, Tesla is also a solar company. Charge your vehicle from your solar powered house and you’re not doing too bad, mkay?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I can imagine in a few years electric cars with 500 mile ranges and workplace parking lots with daytime solar-powered charging stations. Tech bros charging their Teslas for free at work, using solar power.