Can we talk about the new TESLA TRUCK?

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
I would be a little nervous about buying any Tesla. They are not widespread, and if anything goes wrong most mechanics won't touch one; you have to go to a dealer. Even when functioning well, they are dependent on a functioning supplier of software updates, bug fixes, diagnostic services, and so on. Tesla HQ is always talking to its cars.

The thing is, I am not convinced Tesla HQ will be in business ten years from now. What then?
this is some ignant doom and gloom sheeittt

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Listen up now, Tesla has already been in business for at least 10 years. If something happens to them, another company will just buy them up and continue. So thats just the typical comment from a closed minded person.
Their tech is proven far and above any other ev car maker or ice car makers, ev tech for that matter.

Their make up is also much simpler than a regular car too. Yes, they are run by a computer, but so are regular cars, for the most part.Todays newer cars need the same attention, if not more.
No need to goto most mechanics anyways, Tesla now comes to you if you have a problem on the road.
Tesla is also continually building infrastructure where they are selling cars. US, EU, Asia,OZ, etc. , like charging stations and service stations. The ev tech is here to stay, thats why almost all car makers are making an ev model or more, like volvo, going all electric in the coming years.
Musk is practically a genius. His Tesla pet is just that, a pet. When he finally gets to MARS, he will show all the Flat Earthers that the Earth really is ROUND!! lol
I don't know about all that.
If I was forced I'd feel more confident in a Toyota than a Tesla. ...long term

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I would be a little nervous about buying any Tesla. They are not widespread, and if anything goes wrong most mechanics won't touch one; you have to go to a dealer. Even when functioning well, they are dependent on a functioning supplier of software updates, bug fixes, diagnostic services, and so on. Tesla HQ is always talking to its cars.

The thing is, I am not convinced Tesla HQ will be in business ten years from now. What then?
Parts are much harder to come by than a regular car. I know two people who've been in fender benders in Teslas that took over 3 months to get back

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Laidback,I may feel that way as well, I have one of each just incase:ROFLMAO:, so I guess I'm biased towards Tesla and Toyota.

At some point in the future I bet Tesla allows certified repair facilities to work on their cars, not just in house. It's just a matter of time. They are such a new company compared to the traditional car makers it just takes time to build infrastructure.

Yeah I've heard wait times for parts can be long for extensive repairs, which does suck. But if you watch where you are driving then it shouldn't be a problem, right?

And, don't put it on auto pilot and goto sleep just yet, probably not the best idea.....

But, you can have your blinkers sound like farts!! what other car maker does that! haha

Last edited:

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Some of Elon Musk's 'claims' for the cybertruck, some of which even I am skeptical of. We'll see!

It will start at under $50,000.

It will have "crazy" torque, two motors, all-wheel drive, and a suspension able to adjust to the load the vehicle is hauling.
It will have 360-degree cameras, sonar, and the ability to parallel park on its own.
You'll be able to plug power tools into it.

It will outperform a Porsche 911 and a Ford F-150.
It will have a range of at least 400 miles.

It will be able to tow 300,000 pounds.
It will look like "an armored personnel carrier from the future."
It will have a driver's seat big enough for a professional wrestler.

• Haha
Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
This is it.
Untitled.jpeg

I don't see too many people pulling up at my local with board and wetsuit in the back anytime soon.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Haha that was an interesting bit.
Truck, or whatever you call it, looks pretty insane!
For the midrange model, 300 miles, awd dual motor, tow 10k, $50k starting price.
Comparable to what’s out there, but all electric.
2 years out though....

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
The Tesla body style is kind of Countach-esque which is rad superficially. sh!t though, can't I get a base model pickup for 20-30k with no extras and a little bit of power? I see all these new trucks and they might as well be Escalades or Navigators. Not the thing I am looking for. Gonna go examine my 22re for vacuum leaks.