FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Duffy said:
FecalFace said:
Duffy said:
FecalFace said:
Cutting complete food groups out of your diet is silly. Not all carbs are bad.

Everything in moderation.

Plus if you're into any kind of activity that remotely requires endurance, you're fuct without carbs.

Intermitent fasting, sure.
I’ve done a couple iron distance triathlons, one while on a high carb/high fueling (during race) diet and one on a very low carb/low fueling (during race) and there was no discernible performance difference.

The only thing I noticed was during training I had a lower incidence of “crashing” (where I’d go into a hypoglycemic sh!t zone) when I was on the low carb diet.

The high carb diet was a roller coaster at times and if I didn’t eat I’d basically just pass out.
Exactly.
Yes. Exactly. Low carb diet for endurance training is BETTER.
How the fück is going into hypoglycemic shock better? :roflmao:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
hal9000 said:
FecalFace said:

Plus if you're into any kind of activity that remotely requires endurance, you're fuct without carbs.

This.

Fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, brown rice, unprocessed foods, olive oil, seafood, and don't overeat. It's not that complicated.

Only in America do we have these dilemmas of "which diet is best for losing weight?!"
Obesity is a worldwide phenomena

Adult obesity rates are highest in the United States, Mexico, New Zealand and Hungary, while they are lowest in Japan and Korea.

UK is most obese country in western Europe, OECD finds
People get obese from eating meat too. :foreheadslap:

You are worse than CrossFit bros.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Muscles said:
The best diet I found is tracking calories and eating lots of fruits, veggies, and protein. Stay under 2000-2500 calories per day and give yourself a cheat day once a week and you'll lose weight. Buy a 10$ kitchen scale on amazon and measure your food.

All the Keto diet does is indirectly fill you up because it's hard to overeat you're caloric intake on it.
This, /thread
:beer:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
grapedrink said:
Muscles said:
The best diet I found is tracking calories and eating lots of fruits, veggies, and protein. Stay under 2000-2500 calories per day and give yourself a cheat day once a week and you'll lose weight. Buy a 10$ kitchen scale on amazon and measure your food.

All the Keto diet does is indirectly fill you up because it's hard to overeat you're caloric intake on it.
This, /thread
:beer:
Not if ifall and Squidley log on. :toilet:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
FecalFace said:
Duffy said:
FecalFace said:
Duffy said:
FecalFace said:

I’ve done a couple iron distance triathlons, one while on a high carb/high fueling (during race) diet and one on a very low carb/low fueling (during race) and there was no discernible performance difference.

The only thing I noticed was during training I had a lower incidence of “crashing” (where I’d go into a hypoglycemic sh!t zone) when I was on the low carb diet.

The high carb diet was a roller coaster at times and if I didn’t eat I’d basically just pass out.
Exactly.
Yes. Exactly. Low carb diet for endurance training is BETTER.
Read it again. LOWER incidence of hypoglycemic shock with LOW CARB diet.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Muscles said:
Do you even Keto bro?

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
jkb said:
Muscles said:
Do you even Keto bro?
No.

In all seriousness, I try to keep my carbs to under 800 Calories per day.

My diet looks like this:
Breakfast: 4 eggs and piece of toast. About 450 Calories.
Lunch: 12 oz chicken with Salad with light sprinkling of oil and vinegar dressing.
Dinner: 12 oz meat of some kind and 8 oz serving of rice or pasta.

I don't usually drink alcohol and try to avoid red meat. I don't eat dairy.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:

This is wrong. Its not instant but once someone is fat adapted they have just as much endurance as anyone else
:roflmao:

Clueless.

You can pretend that your body adopted using fat as fuel but there's no going around the fact that there's nothing that body can do to turn fat or protein into energy when needed quickly, as fast as carbs.

If you are into any kind of endurance activity, you will be burning way more calories than the body can retain from consuming fat or protein prior to excercise. Plus you will feel like sh!t because body has to work hard to digest it.

Another one of your science denying opinions that you learned from Joe Rogan.
Holy sh!t how long are you going to deny it?

Becoming fat-adapted doesn't happen overnight. And you're willfully denying the evidence of people, in articles I've posted and writing on this message board that people who are fat-adapted feel like sh!t WHEN using carbs as fuel. My body feels like its working much harder to digest anything when I'm eating lots of carbs

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Duffy said:
FecalFace said:
Bullshit.

Hypoglycemic literally means deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream.

Consuming less glucose is not going to make that better. :foreheadslap:

Science.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:

This is wrong. Its not instant but once someone is fat adapted they have just as much endurance as anyone else

Clueless.

You can pretend that your body adopted using fat as fuel but there's no going around the fact that there's nothing that body can do to turn fat or protein into energy when needed quickly, as fast as carbs.

If you are into any kind of endurance activity, you will be burning way more calories than the body can retain from consuming fat or protein prior to excercise. Plus you will feel like sh!t because body has to work hard to digest it.

Becoming fat-adapted doesn't happen overnight. And you're willfully denying the evidence of people, in articles I've posted and writing on this message board that people who are fat-adapted feel like sh!t WHEN using carbs as fuel. My body feels like its working much harder to digest anything when I'm eating lots of carbs
You are denying science again.

You can get fat adapted all you want, eating a steak before an endurance activity and not consuming carbs will fück you up. Fact.

Blaming obesity on carbs is also a straw man science denying bullshit.

Body is not designed to use fat as the main energy source by default for a reason. It's hard work to break it down and it takes time to convert it to energy. No good if you are going hypoglycemic.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
FecalFace said:
Duffy said:
FecalFace said:
Bullshit.

Hypoglycemic literally means deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream.

Consuming less glucose is not going to make that better. :foreheadslap:

Science.
When I eat a high carb diet I have to eat more more often and I get a cycle of spikes and crashes.

Spike, crash....

It’s like a turbo charged 4 cylinder engine. Revs high and then blows up.

When I eat low carb I’m running with a V8.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:

Clueless.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say that "fat-adapted" is not a real thing.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
ifallalot said:
Big_Ups said:
If you Wim-Hof breathe you can eat whatever you like. :beer:
And immune to hypothermia :roflmao:
My tolerance to cold has improved by cold training once a week.

It still feels terrible when I get in but in about a minute I'm fine.

I can stay in for a long time but then I shiver so bad when I get out.

It's weird when you go into cold water you breath Wim Hoffs style anyway.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
hal9000 said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:

Clueless.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say that "fat-adapted" is not a real thing.
You can get better at burning fat for energy.

You have to deprive it of it's other source.

Some people do better on carbs.

If you do better on fat you think everyone should do it.

The key is to try and see.