Can we talk about the cheating Houston ASStros?

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Nobody cares about a mvp trophy, they cheated there way to a much bigger prize.

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
As far as stealing signs.... It's always been done. I myself would never go to hit hoping someone would tip a pitch. I'd rather just hit than hope someone got the pitch call right. I would bet most MLB hitters would not want to know pitch calls and just hit. Too much to think about in the box.

Pancakes15

OTF status
Mar 17, 2015
You think the Astros are the only team to do this? We know for sure Cora and the Red Sox have/had something going too. Verlander in the WS was throwing pitches away after hearing whistles coming from the Nationals dugout before pitches.

In 2017 Commissioner Rob Manfred said "all 30 Clubs have been notified that future violations of this type will be subject to more serious sanctions, including the possible loss of draft picks."

Aren't all the videos of the Stros from 2017?

Jehovah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 19, 2006
They pray to me and then they cheat. Hardly anyone gets into heaven these days. What you are experiencing these days is not global warming but my growing wrath.

I am still accepting prayers but be forewarned that I might only be answering with large meteorites and comets.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
You think the Astros are the only team to do this? We know for sure Cora and the Red Sox have/had something going too. Verlander in the WS was throwing pitches away after hearing whistles coming from the Nationals dugout before pitches.

In 2017 Commissioner Rob Manfred said "all 30 Clubs have been notified that future violations of this type will be subject to more serious sanctions, including the possible loss of draft picks."

Aren't all the videos of the Stros from 2017?
Of course not, just like A-Rod isn't the only player to use PEDs. But those that are caught should pay the price and be the example for others.

Alex Cora was a part of the Astros organization in 2017 during the year in question. Next.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I knew a guy who was a MLB catcher. We talked about stealing signs. He said in his day, if they thought you were doing it, you would get beaned.

Next season expect ear pieces, and the pitching coach telling the catcher and pitcher what to throw