Can we talk about that jobs report?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Despite Omicron tearing through the country, restaurants and bars added more than 100,000 jobs.

Because, after 2 1/2 years of starving under leftist COVID restrictions, employers and patrons said Fck off, and started living their lives on their terms, not yours. COVID mutated itself into manageability in spite of Biden's best efforts to strangle the economy.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
When workers are picking up second jobs to make ends meet it is bad news.
right, but according to the jobs report, less of them are doing so than before the pandemic. therefore, an improvement, even by your standards, no?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
right, but according to the jobs report, less of them are doing so than before the pandemic. therefore, an improvement, even by your standards, no?
?

I'm not following.

A surge in people having to pick up part time jobs is not a good thing.

What happened before the pandemic (or before whenever) is irrelevant in this context.

Additionally - consumer savings rate has plunged to 2009 levels:

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When workers are picking up second jobs to make ends meet it is bad news.
I can save a ton of money when I cut discretionary spending.

I cut my food bill in half when I went on a diet.

In the book Mean Genes the author says humans are wired to live above their means.

#notme

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
really? where is that happening? be specific.

Paying employees and employers not to work, to go home and stay there. These marginally-positive jobs numbers happened in spite of Washington’s Democrat leadership, not because of it.

Dec 16, 2021: Evictions on the rise months after federal moratorium ends

Coronavirus Tax Relief

Economic Impact Payments for COVID-19

COVID-19 Extension Of Group Welfare Plan Benefit Deadlines Clarified Bringing Potential Relief For Employers

Unemployment Insurance Relief During COVID-19 Outbreak

This recession though? ….Democrats.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Paying employees and employers not to work, to go home and stay there. These marginally-positive jobs numbers happened in spite of Washington’s Democrat leadership, not because of it.

Dec 16, 2021: Evictions on the rise months after federal moratorium ends

Coronavirus Tax Relief

Economic Impact Payments for COVID-19

COVID-19 Extension Of Group Welfare Plan Benefit Deadlines Clarified Bringing Potential Relief For Employers

Unemployment Insurance Relief During COVID-19 Outbreak

This recession though? ….Democrats.
None of that has been available since last year. No one is getting paid not to work. Do you understand the difference between past and present tense?

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
?

I'm not following.

What happened before the pandemic (or before whenever) is irrelevant in this context.

Look, I know you want things to suck because it fits your world view. But they don't. What can I tell you? In spite of pandemic, inflation, recession, war, etc etc life is good for my family, for all the families around me, for pretty much everyone I know. I'll bet it's pretty good for you and most of the people you know too.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
?

I'm not following.

And that savings rate is a direct indicator of inflation and out of control consumer pricing

People can’t save when their energy bills have tripled and grocery bills have doubled

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Look, I know you want things to suck because it fits your world view. But they don't. What can I tell you? In spite of pandemic, inflation, recession, war, etc etc life is good for my family, for all the families around me, for pretty much everyone I know. I'll bet it's pretty good for you and most of the people you know too.
1659801262073.jpeg
More denialism.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yeah, a savings rate at Great Recession levels is a good thing.:roflmao:

You’re doing your best to spin the data.

You sound like my dad - socially insulated. You and the people around you represent a different segment than the majority of the population. That population is not hanging on the erBB and playing the stock market.

Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
How much do the savings of others really matter as long as my household has their sh!t in order? If there is another recession, those who have it together have even more opportunities because they can swoop in and pick up assets on the cheap.

Also, I've heard many times in the last few years that there is more in savings accounts than there's ever been :shrug:

Reactions: sussle

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
How much do the savings of others really matter as long as my household has their sh!t in order? If there is another recession, those who have it together have even more opportunities because they can swoop in and pick up assets on the cheap.

Also, I've heard many times in the last few years that there is more in savings accounts than there's ever been :shrug:
People stop saving as it becomes more difficult to make ends meet.

The last few years are over. Click the FRED link I posted.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
None of that has been available since last year. No one is getting paid not to work. Do you understand the difference between past and present tense?
My original statement:
Because, after 2 1/2 years of starving under leftist COVID restrictions, employers and patrons said Fck off, and started living their lives on their terms, not yours. COVID mutated itself into manageability in spite of Biden's best efforts to strangle the economy.

So you're saying that a sufficient time after Democrats stopped paying people to stay home the jobs report started getting better? Gee, so when D.C. Democrat spending caused inflation to threaten their reelections they stopped paying people to sit on their asses and the economy improved.

Whooida thunk?

And somehow Democrats deserve all the credit (for stopping doing what Democrats do).

sussle

Oct 11, 2009

You’re doing your best to spin the data.

You sound like my dad - socially insulated. You and the people around you represent a different segment than the majority of the population. That population is not hanging on the erBB and playing the stock market.
i am your dad - i'm sorry to be the one to tell you. it's yet another erBB miracle. :waving: