Can we talk about that jobs report?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
It's a little more complicated than that.

"The stock market fell Friday after the U.S. economy added back a better-than-expected 528,000 jobs in July, with investors now anticipating that a strong labor market will keep the Federal Reserve on its path of aggressive interest rate hikes to bring down inflation."

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I would not describe an economy where the Fed is trying to tighten, yet hiring remains "strong" with inflation roidraging six months into a recession, and all the market seems to really care about is the credit/monetary situation as (completely) healthy.

The budget deficit still needs to continue falling down the mighty high cliff, supply chain needs to sort itself out, etc.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Job numbers are a joke

They're not counting those who have permanently left the workforce

But sure, keep thinking we're fine, Jack

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I think you and skully are doing that right now

and you liked to accuse us of cheerleading societal destruction in order to own the opposition
You've been literally redefining the dictionary so that your world view can make some sense and allow you to sleep at night.

If you have conscience at all.

Reactions: mundus

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Good news. Hopefully we’ve bottomed out and we’re starting to recover.

Price of gas is falling (I’m gonna lose $50), Album has 5 pages of boards for sale, plenty of toilet paper…

Lets go Brandon!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Nope

Nuance

Current government wiped clean, recreated in the original framework

I know its hard for you who follow the Globohomo secular religion, but government is not in fact society
Does this include bringing back slavery and revoking women’s right to vote?