Can we talk about our Siblings???

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
This thread is more appropriate in the Hallmark Channel section.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Bud and Rich the best bros to surf with. Always stocked.

My sister is my biggest hater. She has to fight herself to compliment me. Even when I baby sit her kids every week and they barf on me for 6 hours straight. I still love her though.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
mom got preggo on purpose cuz she wanted another kid
dad didnt
dad was right
mom ruined all of our lives having my worthless ho of a drug addict sister
wow, that's harsh.... but i guess it is what it is

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Growing up with three mean older sisters and one younger brother was the usual mixed blessing of having siblings.

Going to have the youngest sister and her husband visit us (from Texas) for the weekend before Thanksgiving. They decided to stay in our spare room instead of splash out for a hotel downtown. Can't wait to offer the brother-in-law some yogurt and granola for breakfast with a side of toast and Vegemite.......once the shock wear off, will walk them 12 minutes to a nice diner straight from the 40s where the old grandmother waitress calls you 'dearie'. Well, maybe she only calls me that....have heard her call others 'Hun' (or 'Hon'...sometimes the accent is tough to parse).

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My sister rocks. We go months without Seeing each other (distance) but we tight. Among a lifetime of solid big sister love and support and wisdom, I give much credit to a few key well said things from her that spurred me to finally put the bottle down. Saved my life.

Reactions: keenfish

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I'm the oldest of five kids and I ran away from home when I was in high school and never came back. It fvcked up my family (one could argue that my family was already fvcked up which was why I bailed) and so my relationship with my parents and three sisters is... complicated. There are many people in my life who I would consider family before them even, mostly all the families who hanai'ed a poor stupid clueless haole kid. Ironically my brother (who was eight when I bailed, so I really didn't know him that well) are now super, super close.

Life is weird.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
My brother is/was Chet from Weird Science....but my folks trusted me more and let my faults go almost unpunished because " at least I'm not failing school and disrespecting you like Chet!"
He still try's to act like Chet the Elder, but I'm beholden to no one and I can run faster!

Reactions: keenfish

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Only child here...must be weird to have a sibling.

If don't have a sibling you'll never know what it's like. Conversely, if you have siblings...

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I think my sister is a narcissist. She perceives her own realities which are often contrary to what the rest of the world experiences. She is also very intelligent, if that is even possible for someone so fucked up. I'm glad she keeps us at a distance.