Can we talk about Nex Benedict?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I mentioned murder, which isn’t something that can be answered yes or no in a survey
19000 murders per year in the US
1 in 200 people estimated to be trans, which would mean that ~100 trans people would be murdered per year
Various articles that come out at the start of the year usually give numbers in the 40s for the United States, for 2023 it was 35

This article estimates 320 worldwide, and even admits that many are engaged in sex work. Control for sex workers and the risk for the general population of everyday trans people goes down even further.

So yeah- you can take that envelope and roll up whatever you’re smoking in it, because with the data we have available it’s not even close to breaking even.

Facts>>>>Narratives

in this post grapesdrink completely ignores the data analysis performed by the UCLA school of law in favor of pedantry and data from everytown.org

thank you for playing!

as always, it's been entertaining and enlightening

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
in this post grapesdrink completely ignores the data analysis performed by the UCLA school of law in favor of data from everytown.org

thank you for playing!

as always, it's been entertaining and enlightening
You’re getting desperate. PBS from 2022 showing almost the same number. That was the only source I could find with 2023 data.

The discussion was about murders, not day to day violence. So yeah- show some data showing that trans are murdered at a greater rate or take your licks and move on :poke:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's nothing to do with the article afoaf posted.

Petty clown.
UH, except Afoaf posted an article in response to me saying how the trans murder rate narrative has zero data to back it up. He responded with a study about assaults as if that’s the same thing as murder and acted like it was a gotcha after moving the goalposts :roflmao:

Petty clown.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You’re getting desperate. PBS from 2022 showing almost the same number. That was the only source I could find with 2023 data.

The discussion was about murders, not day to day violence. So yeah- show some data showing that trans are murdered at a greater rate or take your licks and move on :poke:
and everyone who cites those numbers say that they are imperfect due to the nature of crime data collection

so we also look at other relevant violent crimes to determine if there is a pattern

low and behold...we find that trans are at elevated risk for victimization of violent crime

you guys are so myopic...it's precisely like remote learning argument....kids don't get covid hurrrdurrr...zoom the fk out and look at the bigger picture

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Probably nothing.

Does it hurt?

I would have a dermo look just for peace of mind.
Doesn’t hurt. That isn’t necessarily a good gauge for me.

I have a rather peculiar relationship with pain. If I had a nickel for every time a doctor asked in a surprised tone, “you‘re really not in any pain right now?”

Or, “how are you able to walk?”

The best one was, “how did you break your neck?”

I don’t know!!!!!

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Venereal wart.

Or maybe wear and tear from chronic contact? Like a surf knot only from the mats?

Repetitive trauma of some kind.

I had an old surf knot on my instep blow up this winter. Week in the hospital on IV antibiotics. Surfing in shitty water with cuts all over my feet was probably the entry point.

Cellulitis?

If I get this right do I get a set of fins?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: One-Off

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
and everyone who cites those numbers say that they are imperfect due to the nature of crime data collection
Cop out. If anything they are more likely to undercount/report the number of murders, which would only strengthen my argument by showing that the prevalence is even less.

Even if the numbers aren’t correct, they would have to be over counting murders by more than double just to break even.

Holy fook, can libs even math :unsure: :roflmao:

low and behold...we find that trans are at elevated risk for victimization of violent crime
Pretty sure that counting dead bodies that are referred to as murders is more accurate than self reported surveys, which have their own accuracy challenges and self reporting biases associated with them. And you know that. Also a much smaller dataset. Every time there is a survey showing something you don’t like you guys always reply with “how did they ask those questions?”. How convenient.

Would be interesting to see how many of those incidents were standard middle or high school bullying versus actual violence out in the world. Too bad we don’t have the full text.

you guys are so myopic...it's precisely like remote learning argument....kids don't get covid hurrrdurrr...zoom the fk out and look at the bigger picture
I did look at the big picture- actual numbers from nationwide datasets showing that the actual murder narrative is not true, whereas you took a smaller dataset with a lower bar.

Like I said- at the very least we don’t have the data to support the claim.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Bob Marley died from untreated toe cancer

Cop out. If anything they are more likely to undercount/report the number of murders, which would only strengthen my argument by showing that the prevalence is even less.
lol wut?

if they are undercounting the number of transgender murders than that means the number is higher which does not strengthen your argument

gender identity of the victims is not a standard data point that is captured