Can we talk about Marjorie Taylor Green?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It already has crumbled

And I’ve realized I DESPISE having to always have a hoodie with me. Cold sucks
Bullshit it has. :roflmao:

Easy to throw a hoodie on and a comfy one is worth its weight in gold. Cold is easy to deal with; you just throw on clothes. Screw nighttime temps in the 80s-90s. That's 7th circle of hell sh!t, especially when the power goes out or AC fails.

I will grant that you have great opportunities for growing, raising, and then racing tumbleweeds.

Reactions: mundus

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Bullshit it has. :roflmao:

Easy to throw a hoodie on and a comfy one is worth its weight in gold. Cold is easy to deal with; you just throw on clothes. Screw nighttime temps in the 80s-90s. That's 7th circle of hell sh!t, especially when the power goes out or AC fails.
Never mind that the desert can get cold in the winter. A lot colder than HB.

Reactions: CutnSnip and mundus

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Actually, though, for golf it doesn't look terrible at all. A few pretty nice courses in proximity but man, in that heat, you'd need at least a 12 pack for the round.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Should we start an erBB pool on how long it takes for iFlee to throw in the towel and return to SoCal?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There's also heat, stucco, and golf.
The golf doesn't look bad at all there but you'd better have some early tee times.

That beige stucco, beige landscaping, beige driveway setup that's pervasive throughout that whole region, I dunno, pretty bland, like eating sand. Combine that with strip malls and generic fastfood USA, it's like a hotter, dirtier version of Aliso Viejo, except you're 20 minutes from the surf in AV.

I just really don't get it. :shrug:

Reactions: CutnSnip

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
1. More to life than surfing
2. Take a trip out here, you'll see there's much more than "nothingness." Different desert than the one in Eastern CA, Western AZ, and Nevada
3. There will be no good parts of CA as long as the state keeps going like it's going

And just because I utilize something sometimes doesn't mean I don't know better that the whole thing should be gone
Imma give the point to ifall here.

out of any erBBer who complains about his home state, he put his money where his mouth is and left.

there really is more to life than surfing especially in states where the waves suck. i can sometimes understand why guys like Hobie, Bing and Gerry Lopez left the beach

On the 3rd point, I have no idea wtf you’re talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think griefing ifallalot over moving to AZ is bogus

none of you fkn dads are surfing all that much anywho, I don't give a fk what you say

CA is a fkn joke

quit jerking yourselves off for being kings of the hamster wheel

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

none of you fkn dads are surfing all that much anywho, I don't give a fk what you say

CA is a fkn joke

now that I think about his 3rd point…….CA started going to sh!t well before he was born, accelerated by the Greatest Generation and the baby boomers.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

CA is a fkn joke

Speak for yourself! :roflmao:

But I do recognize the timing has worked out well with wind/weekend warriordom. But you made me think, yes, I am actually going to switch to 9/80s so I have that extra two Fridays off a month. And yes, I do have 200+ hours vacation in the books (thank you furlough); I am looking forward to fall in a big way. :jamon:

CA isn't a joke so much as the people who don't take advantage. In that case, well, AZ, outer Mongolia, Wisconsin, no difference. Well, you can get fresh milk in the latter two I suppose.

C-ya, back off to the coast to go fishing/crabbing. Wish me luck. :waving:

Oh, and I'm wearing a hoodie right now. :roflmao:

Reactions: rice

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It's August

Unless you're in the Southern Hemisphere, that's a problem
Meh, it was 82 degrees as I was wearing it. It has pockets. And I'm laughing that's your only response.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so stocked on life.

Fuck.

Yes, we caught about 3 dozen dungeness crab. But still out of season so had to throw back. Caught some jetty crabs and had kids and all had a good time fighting them in a bucket. Was just like the movie Jarhead but with crabs instead of scorpions. Fish and Game LTAO hard after ensuring we didn't snag any dungeness. But literally last heave, lot of distractions, slipped off jetty rocks, slammed lower back and left leg into rocks below. Barnacle slices galore and what is going to be huge contusion right above left ass-cheek. Psyched on surfing tomorrow - no go now. So bummed as it's gonna be good for a while. Running a 10K in two weeks and I hope this doesn't fuck me.

Overall an awesome time (two groups partying had a Blondie vs. Bob Marley rivalry going) but fuck...:cautious:

And no, CA isn't done yet. Not even close. It still has an ocean, right? :socrazy:

Last edited:
Reactions: mundus

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
It's August

Unless you're in the Southern Hemisphere, that's a problem
Hey at least if you want to visit the sauna just walk outside :trout:
Hows them rocks lookin out in the desert? :unsure:
I'd rather live in the Bay Area with moderate cool temperatures all year than be forced inside against my will :shameonyou:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Hey at least if you want to visit the sauna just walk outside :trout:
Hows them rocks lookin out in the desert? :unsure:
I'd rather live in the Bay Area with moderate cool temperatures all year than be forced inside against my will :shameonyou:
Who's forced inside?

I lived in the Bay Area for the first 30 years of my life, too cold.

ps- there's more varied flora in the Sonoran Desert than in Socal

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars