Can we talk about Marjorie Taylor Green?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
@Duffy LaCoronilla whats your opinion on thiese crazy pull ups or whatever. ive never seen this - effective for anything?
Kipping pull-ups.

I don’t do them. They’re fine, I guess. Can fuck up shoulders if you over do it. It’s a crossfit thing. I’m, in general, not a big fan of crossfit.

That being said, it is an exercise that, if done correctly, consistently and safely, is better than sitting on your ass.

Not really sure why people are hating on the lady for trying to be fit. I guess hating on people who post workout videos to X in general is fair game.

Whatever. People workout, people post videos of their workouts. This is news?

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Ol, Marge has the face of a mule, and the brains of a donkey - she would be doing everyone a favor by going back to working at a gym and giving side blowies.

Reactions: need 4 speed

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
apparently those are crossfit pull-ups
Marjorie is confused.

"Muscle confusion is just a marketing thing that programs like CrossFit use to sell product; it’s not training. Training is the process by which you come into the gym, add weight to the bar, and get stronger. Exercising is just fucking around in front of the dumbbell," Rippetoe says. "CrossFit is exercising. It may be hard and make you sore, but it’s just exercising. It doesn’t have the capacity to program a strength increase.”

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Marjorie is confused.

"Muscle confusion is just a marketing thing that programs like CrossFit use to sell product; it’s not training. Training is the process by which you come into the gym, add weight to the bar, and get stronger. Exercising is just fucking around in front of the dumbbell," Rippetoe says. "CrossFit is exercising. It may be hard and make you sore, but it’s just exercising. It doesn’t have the capacity to program a strength increase.”

Rippetoe is great and all, but he’s fat and goes around claiming his way is the only way.

I’m always just a little skeptical of those kinds of characters.