Can We Talk About Jordan Peterson Crying (literally) about Individualism?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I would never have heard of him if not for this place. Of course, the same goes for fixies.

But anyone who purposely records themselves crying on youtube... well, he might as well be a tranny because he surely is a pussy.
Agreed. The guy doesn't deserve to be a celebrity. He's a weirdo.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't get videoing yourself crying and then posting it on the internet.

Here's my 13th rule for life Jordan!!

NO CRYING ON THE INTERNET!!!

And make your bed.
I think they get addicted to going online and letting it all out. He has fans and that messed him up.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Winter before last I rented a place at Tahoe. Someone left a Peterson book behind. To see what the fuss was about I read the first three or four chapters. It all seemed like pretty common sense, make your bed, don't tell lies and be a good human stuff. Apparently the chapter excoriating transexuals was chapter 6 or something.
some of his debates are really quite interesting

I like the points he makes about the fuss around pay equality and the fact that
equal opportunity does not mean equality of outcomes

I believe most of the fuss around him has arisen as a result of the way in which
some groups have employed his name and arguments to lend credence to their
own.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
of all the times you've complained about people making bad comparisons.:trout:
I feel dirty even reading that.
I was being funny.

Yes, JH was an innovative artist and JP was a weirdo university psych professor who was got lucky with kairos by finding an hungry audience for his bootstrap lectures.

The fact that their fame got the best of them is comparable. And that was the comparison I was making.

They were both sensitive guys too.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I was being funny.

Yes, JH was an innovative artist and JP was a weirdo university psych professor who was got lucky with kairos by finding an hungry audience for his bootstrap lectures.

The fact that their fame got the best of them is comparable. And that was the comparison I was making.

They were both sensitive guys too.
it is still a lame comparison. Fame gets the best of most who become it.

Jimi was/is a God, worshipped and followed by many unlike J....whoops never mind.

Jimi would have never cried like an old housewife who didn't get an invite to the women's club bazaar.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Nobody has triggered so much butthurt for saying so few offensive things as Jordan Peterson. He truly has a knack for it.
He just comes off as maximum pompous. A guy like Jon Haidt says pretty much the same thing and sounds so much better.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Jimi was/is a God, worshipped and followed by many unlike J....whoops never mind.

Jimi would have never cried like an old housewife who didn't get an invite to the women's club bazaar.
You're focusing on the wrong part of the comparison. That you can do that is a sign that it's not a great comparison.

I think what is making you not like it JH's sympathetic characters vs JP's unsympathetic character, but that is not what I was comparing.

Maybe a preacher like Jim Baker who lost it would be better because they are both unsympathetic?

I thought of JH because NY said he tried to grab to much fire and it burned him.

As Aristotle says, crafting a good metaphor is hard.

I was writing a song tonight and I was trying to come up with a simile for memory fading like something.

I thought a tan in winter but that won't work.

It's really hard.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
He just comes off as maximum pompous. A guy like Jon Haidt says pretty much the same thing and sounds so much better.
Haidt puts the knife right in the throat of the SJWs but his affect is so kind and he's very soft spoken.

JP's affect grates. His vocal tone is awful. He's hungry for fame the way JH isn't.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Cheers breh. Jimi scored hella poon and this guy is literally a CANADIAN college professor who sounds like Kermit.

There's handling the fame and then there's handling the Oxy.
This listen to me self guru then took hisself to Russia to get off the happy pills or whatever because real medicine reasons, got Covid, then spent Covid in a hospital in every erBBer's favorite country, Serbia.

And Autoprax, I don't think Jordan Peterson really has female fans for you to F were you hypothetically Jordan Peterson. I think the ones who interact with him on social media or attend events, we're talking lots of the kid who went bowling for sorority girls at UCSB in his BMW.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Is there a link to the hate you're referring to?

:roflmao: