Can we talk about critical race theory?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
To me, it means that our institutions still have remnants of racism form our past.
Maybe I’m not being clear
What I’m saying is that critical race theory is an undefined entity, and a phrase which is open to interpretation

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yet

Thank goddess* we have "domestic terrorists" at school board meetings to show displeasure

*striving for inclusivity
It's weird how the right wing temperament has such a fear of that stuff.

Stirred up by social media.

They are taking swings at shadows

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It's weird how the right wing temperament has such a fear of that stuff.

Stirred up by social media.

They are taking swings at shadows
There you go with that word again

A more correct framing would be "opposition to racism being taught in schools"

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
So were “the folks” fellow students, or were they the admins and elected officials who were adults at the time?

If the latter, how many of them are still alive :unsure:
yeah, i though about that too - probably none. but i thought the general sentiment is valid....and it seems like, in all these threads, be it CRT, covid, elections etc, it's all the same group of people doing the whining.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Can one of you tell me what crt curriculum was going to be taught had it not been stopped by what ifall referred to as domestic terrorists?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I think we should define what CRT is before we argue about it.

CRT: Anything that may or may not be taught in school now or in the future that has to do with race in America, that someone on the right or left might or might not like and will get their panties in a bunch over and complain loudly about.

Reactions: Ifallalot

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Yet

Thank goddess* we have "domestic terrorists" at school board meetings to show displeasure

*striving for inclusivity
"domestic terrorists" show displeasure by issuing threats of physical violence against elected officials, and in some cases, actually committing violence. that's what makes them "domestic terrorists".

are you impaired, in some way, that you cannot grasp that distinction? if so, just answer like this: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: hammies