Can we talk about critical race theory?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
How about the guys with "6 million was not enough on their clothing", Nazi enough?
Are they in the government, or are you talking about the right as a whole? I am talking (and thought we were talking) about actual politicians.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Dude, your reading comprehension is seriously awful. No, I wasn’t comparing or equating.

I was asking Mundus specifically who are the card carrying Nazis in the republican party. Racists, absolutely, but the words “literal nazis” means something :trout:
I was asking the question because you and ifailalot are two peas in a pod and you love each other's posts.

He compared himself, a white man living in Arizona, to a Nazi-era Jew. What do you think about that?

Also, he clearly stated that he hates the Republican establishment and that he's a part of the "New Right".
So neo-fascist is accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
So you don’t know who the card carrying nazis are either.

That makes three of you so far. Your in good company.
I know exactly who they are, it's the "New Right" that he belongs to.

Good to see you stand up for the cause.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Critical race theory is nothing more than academically endorsed racism against "whites"

It is pseudoscience that rivals Nazi-era programs against Jews
Holy hell full potato mode activated. It's not academically endorsed racism. Put down the crack pipe. It doesn't rival, in any way, Nazi-era programs against Jews.

CRT hasn't said "Go out and destroy white businesses after X o'clock PM on the Number'th of Monthvember", and 6 million whites haven't been killed as a consequence of it.

It's not psuedoscience. An example of that would be Intelligent Design. I think if you claimed it was "revisionist history", that would at least involve modifying the correct noun?

These threads were way better when it was the 1619 Project. Something concrete that could be checked for historical inaccuracy.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
Black people are not part of a hive mind.

At this point I have had discussions with three black men re CRT, one a very good orthopedic surgeon, another that is in management, a third that was a third generation gang banger out of Compton who decided he didn't want to sleep in his bathtub to avoid stray bullets anymore, got in his car and found himself a job someplace where he's not likely to get shot for being a black male.

All three conversations centered on the book White Fragility. I mostly just listened. All three of them felt the book was in itself racist. Written by a racist "Karen." ITO, It portrayed black people as helpless, inferior, incapable of doing anything without whitey helping them. As the Dr. told me, "Not only that but it was written by a white women who is making a living off of racism. The entire book is pretty much a sales presentation to promote her career."

So whatever. It's only three guys, but it's the only three black guys I have talked with this about. And like I said, I mostly just listened. The concept the forum seems to have about black people all being the same is faulty, if not racist.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Critical race theory is nothing more than academically endorsed racism against "whites"

It is pseudoscience that rivals Nazi-era programs against Jews
.,..this fkn guy...jesus

insomuch as CRT feeds in to the broader analysis of (the failings of) our legal system
it is an extremely valuable way to identify the problem areas that require improvement
to ensure equity

the legal/justice system is predatory and includes second and third tracks not available
to every citizen. that type of injustice, if allowed to fester, creates all manner of problems
for American society down the line

Last edited:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I'm still waiting for someone to share the alternative to critical race theory. What should be taught instead? How is what is taught today described (related to the history of the US)?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Black people are not part of a hive mind.

At this point I have had discussions with three black men re CRT, one a very good orthopedic surgeon, another that is in management, a third that was a third generation gang banger out of Compton who decided he didn't want to sleep in his bathtub to avoid stray bullets anymore, got in his car and found himself a job someplace where he's not likely to get shot for being a black male.

All three conversations centered on the book White Fragility. I mostly just listened. All three of them felt the book was in itself racist. Written by a racist "Karen." ITO, It portrayed black people as helpless, inferior, incapable of doing anything without whitey helping them. As the Dr. told me, "Not only that but it was written by a white women who is making a living off of racism. The entire book is pretty much a sales presentation to promote her career."

So whatever. It's only three guys, but it's the only three black guys I have talked with this about. And like I said, I mostly just listened. The concept the forum seems to have about black people all being the same is faulty, if not racist.
So all three of them read the book and they didn't know your opinion about the subject and you didn't say a word? Okay.

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
All three of them read the book. They're all friends. We talk. I have not read the book. I have no opinion on it. That was the opinion that was shared by three black men.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Are they in the government, or are you talking about the right as a whole? I am talking (and thought we were talking) about actual politicians.
They were in the government, yes.

But talking about it would be labeled as derangement syndrome.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm still waiting for someone to share the alternative to critical race theory. What should be taught instead? How is what is taught today described (related to the history of the US)?
the legal scholarship is pretty interesting

laws go on the books in a very well documented manner

you can see the reactionary nature of ordinances when considered against a
timeline and the broader events in society at the time.

more importantly, you can see how (to whom) violations were typically issued

the system purposely underreports the relationship between who commits a
crime and who is ultimately charged for it, and what the final charge is actually
for relative to the original crime, and, yet again, what the penalty for that charge
is.

without this, you will never be able to see who goes in the top of the funnel and
what actually winds up coming out the bottom which means you'll only ever be
able to infer the breadth of the dysfunction...and, presently, even the indirect
evidence about how the system operates is not flattering for our shining city on
a hill...

that people want to dismiss this out of hand as "racism against whites" ignores
the fact that these things were done by whites for the benefit of whites....so, what,
I'm supposed to be sensitive about calling racists racists?

mayhaps the real issue lies with the people who internalize a valid academic critique
of our legal system as a personal attack....

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
.,..this fkn guy...jesus

insomuch as CRT feeds in to the broader analysis of (the failings of) our legal system
it is an extremely valuable way to identify the problem areas that require improvement
to ensure equity

the legal/justice system is predatory and includes second and third tracks not available
to every citizen. that type of injustice, if allowed to fester, creates all manner of problems
for American society down the line
Those failings are based on class, not race.

You just proved my point

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
the legal scholarship is pretty interesting

laws go on the books in a very well documented manner

you can see the reactionary nature of ordinances when considered against a
timeline and the broader events in society at the time.

more importantly, you can see how (to whom) violations were typically issued

the system purposely underreports the relationship between who commits a
crime and who is ultimately charged for it, and what the final charge is actually
for relative to the original crime, and, yet again, what the penalty for that charge
is.

without this, you will never be able to see who goes in the top of the funnel and
what actually winds up coming out the bottom which means you'll only ever be
able to infer the breadth of the dysfunction...and, presently, even the indirect
evidence about how the system operates is not flattering for our shining city on
a hill...

that people want to dismiss this out of hand as "racism against whites" ignores
the fact that these things were done by whites for the benefit of whites....so, what,
I'm supposed to be sensitive about calling racists racists?

mayhaps the real issue lies with the people who internalize a valid academic critique
of our legal system as a personal attack....
The only thing those "whites' share with today's "whites" is a perceived pigmentation of skin

Judging and/or punishing the people who share that pigmentation with those who did in the past is racist

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Holy hell full potato mode activated. It's not academically endorsed racism. Put down the crack pipe. It doesn't rival, in any way, Nazi-era programs against Jews.

CRT hasn't said "Go out and destroy white businesses after X o'clock PM on the Number'th of Monthvember", and 6 million whites haven't been killed as a consequence of it.

It's not psuedoscience. An example of that would be Intelligent Design. I think if you claimed it was "revisionist history", that would at least involve modifying the correct noun?

These threads were way better when it was the 1619 Project. Something concrete that could be checked for historical inaccuracy.
Quick racism test, and the reason for my second sentence that you racists are so quick to lose their sh!t over

Take any CRT-styled paper/explanation/etc and replace the word "White" with "Jew" or "Black" or "Asian" or etc

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Quick racism test, and the reason for my second sentence that you racists are so quick to lose their sh!t over

Take any CRT-styled paper/explanation/etc and replace the word "White" with "Jew" or "Black" or "Asian" or etc
Was 6 million enough? How about jews will not replace us?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What is this weak gotcha you're still attempting?

Please, keep focusing on one hundred or so lunatics to represent millions
Alot more than couple of hundred, who you were a member of, still proud of yourself?