Can we talk about Channel Islands?

therarebirdshow

OTF status
Jan 28, 2013
www.amazon.com
I've really enjoyed the Twin Pin and Happy Everyday. Their designs seem really well suited to SoCal sh!t. Though the construction has been a bummer. Both those boards have been bought used or OTR, so I'm hoping that explains it. A buddy has a custom CI that looks miraculously brand new after a year+.

And would agree that for all the excitement, I've seen almost no Album's in the wild (aside from a mini Simmons I got on CL like a decade ago that was actually really fun).

Reactions: j_mac and Havoc

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
LMAO

Love this alternative history where the erBB design forum hasn't always been talking about the alt board flavor of the month

Reactions: Mr Doof

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
There is no doubt that Channel Island lost their way under Burton's ownership but now that Brit has taken the helm things look to be really turning around - I recently picked up a used Fishbeard and have found it both user friendly and super fun to ride - this is the first CI board I have ridden in over 10 years.

Reactions: j_mac and JDJ

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
never got into em - never impressed by the glassing off the rack and didnt see anything i couldnt get from ...lost at a cheaper price and better constructed. then i found stamps - and now i have zero need for ...lost.
this all day

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
also like how scott ando talks story here from time to time. good stuff!
He used to post here much more often.

Where's Smelly Skater?
The Grifter?
Conner Coughin'?
Tailored Sox?
Leeza Sanderson?

Just to name a few.

4 out of those 5 are most frequently seen riding boards made in Thailand.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I don't ever remember CI being all that popular or commonly talked about on the forum.

Anyone remember when all anyone here ever seemed to ride was a bonzer? Anyone seen a bonzer pop up on the forum recently? Then all anyone was allowed to ride was a twin keel. Had to have glassed on Gephart's. I think that was the order that it went in.

All of Album's boards are one-off glass jobs with resin tints. If you ask for a CI mid from CI with a custom resin tint that isn't one of their stock colors rest assured it won't be all that far off from $1300.