Can we talk about Channel Islands?

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
Word. CI logs around 1750 right? That is what I've seen over here in Florida at least. I like the outline and design. Haven't been able to check the foil in person. The glass jobs on the Wayne Rich logs glassed at CI that I have seen in person looked/felt proper as well, so I imagine they are pretty solid.

Reactions: weskussurfer

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Word. CI logs around 1750 right? That is what I've seen over here in Florida at least. I like the outline and design. Haven't been able to check the foil in person. The glass jobs on the Wayne Rich logs glassed at CI that I have seen in person looked/felt proper as well, so I imagine they are pretty solid.
laresse in vta glassed my wayno/ci collab

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
When it comes to longboards, there is a good 9’0 single fin, and then there is everything else

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
When it comes to longboards, there is a good 9’0 single fin, and then there is everything else
9'6"+ or GTFO

Also the prices sounded high to me, then I went to the Surf Station website and Pepsi-challenged colored CIs vs colored Black Rose (Ricky Carroll). The CIs are like a hundo more or so. I don't know much about longboard pedigrees or what is cool (other than 9'5" are a bit sus and anything smaller = die funboard, die) but the pricing didn't seem that off in a retail setting, although they look considerably higher than some of the local shaper prices.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
9'6"+ or GTFO

Also the prices sounded high to me, then I went to the Surf Station website and Pepsi-challenged colored CIs vs colored Black Rose (Ricky Carroll). The CIs are like a hundo more or so. I don't know much about longboard pedigrees or what is cool (other than 9'5" are a bit sus and anything smaller = die funboard, die) but the pricing didn't seem that off in a retail setting, although they look considerably higher than some of the local shaper prices.
There are some used >9’6 logs at Beach House SB for <half those prices and I’m certain they hog waves and go straight just as well.

Scott Ando

OTF status
Nov 12, 2002
Santa Barbara
Visit site
The one in the image has new for '24 white Spinetek, other colors such as green, pink, blue will also be available for custom builds on all models.

And per Dane - the OG Dumpster did actually come from a pile of scrapped blanks that had just been taken out to the dumpster, we didn't do EPS then so that was the last EPS blank in the factory...