Can we talk about airline ticket refunds?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
commies may not be, but the Chinese invented the hustle 5000 years ago while the ancestors of us micks and wasps were still scratching around for grubs and killing each other with rocks

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

YeahNo

OTF status
Jan 20, 2017
Kelly's Cove
We got our Hawaii tix refunded. It took about 3 different phone calls, no worky. Then 3 different chats online, of which the
last one, I more or less begged for my money back, then said I was a customer since 88 and the person went ahead and said ok we refund you, may take 5-6 weeks, but only took 3 days to refund card. Waited until they announced the extended quarantine back in June. Hawaiian Air. :shaka:
It's possible, just keep trying.
We didn't want a voucher, preferred our money returned, appreciated that!
Hawaiian only gave us credit, good until 2022, but still only a credit. They seemed pretty adamant on the phone that they were not giving refunds. I didn't know there was an online chat option. I need to go look for that this weekend and see what we can work out.

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Yeah, airlines seem pretty reasonable about it. Was heading to Whistler back in April and received a credit to use anytime.

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
What's the collective wisdom of getting surf camps to apply a "non-refundable" deposit to the following year?

The place I put money down says they won't, and that it will only allow me to reschedule within this year, assuming travel resumes. That seems kind of weak to me given that the travel is out of our control (and a good way to get pissed customers). Is that normal for these types of operations? I hope I can persuade them as we get closer to season close, to bump it to next year, but I'm also not holding my breath.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What's the collective wisdom of getting surf camps to apply a "non-refundable" deposit to the following year?

The place I put money down says they won't, and that it will only allow me to reschedule within this year, assuming travel resumes. That seems kind of weak to me given that the travel is out of our control (and a good way to get pissed customers). Is that normal for these types of operations? I hope I can persuade them as we get closer to season close, to bump it to next year, but I'm also not holding my breath.
that's garbage

ENGAGE CANCEL CULTURE MODULE

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's your problem right there.

I had my ticket from China Eastern refunded before I even asked.

Those commies are not good at rip-offs.

What a bunch of LOOSERS
Well, yeah. Their tickets are so cheap that they can fook you in every hole and know that you will come back, cause who doesn't want a cross continental flight for $17.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Sounds like that is worthy of an old fashioned interweb outing/shaming. Get the ErBB to flood them with fake reservation requests and inquiries with dumb annoying questions like what kind of coffee do they serve, are the maids hot and single, what types of yoga do they offer, do they serve traditional Russian stroganoff or fusion style with local ingredients, etc. We're here for ya brah!

In all seriousness, that sounds like BS. Keeping your money as a credit for future bookings is actually a pretty fair deal for them IMO