Can we talk about abstinence

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
and how well it's working for Bristol Palin who just announced that she's due to have her second child out of wedlock.

And Bristol sounds real stocked...

(I’m announcing this news a lot sooner than I ever expected due to the constant trolls who have nothing better to talk about!!!)
I wanted you guys to be the first to know that I am pregnant.
Honestly, I’ve been trying my hardest to keep my chin up on this one.
At the end of the day there’s nothing I can’t do with God by my side, and I know I am fully capable of handling anything that is put in front of me with dignity and grace.
Life moves on no matter what. So no matter how you feel, you get up, get dressed, show up, and never give up.
When life gets tough, there is no other option but to get tougher.
I know this has been, and will be, a huge disappointment to my family, to my close friends, and to many of you.

But please respect Tripp’s and my privacy during this time. I do not want any lectures and I do not want any sympathy.
My little family always has, and always will come first.
Tripp, this new baby, and I will all be fine, because God is merciful.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/bristolpalin/2015/06/big-news/
Sarah Palin is so blessed isn't she?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I’m announcing this news a lot sooner than I ever expected due to the constant trolls who have nothing better to talk about!!!
She sure has you pegged. :roflmao:

I don't believe I've ever agreed with gromsdad on anything, but yeah, who cares?

If for no other reason than the purpose of entertainment, please explain why this subject is important enough to start a thread.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
People having sex? Outside of legal bonds of marriage? I am shocked. Shocked I tell you!

Abstinence pledges, or political theatre, whatever is involved with this whole thing was laughed at when the first news of it hit the newsstands, right? Who took it serious?

Anyway, for my money with this sort of thing, the 2nd laugh is rarely as good as the first.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
frvcvs said:
and how well it's working for Bristol Palin who just announced that she's due to have her second child out of wedlock.

And Bristol sounds real stocked...

(I’m announcing this news a lot sooner than I ever expected due to the constant trolls who have nothing better to talk about!!!)
I wanted you guys to be the first to know that I am pregnant.
Honestly, I’ve been trying my hardest to keep my chin up on this one.
At the end of the day there’s nothing I can’t do with God by my side, and I know I am fully capable of handling anything that is put in front of me with dignity and grace.
Life moves on no matter what. So no matter how you feel, you get up, get dressed, show up, and never give up.
When life gets tough, there is no other option but to get tougher.
I know this has been, and will be, a huge disappointment to my family, to my close friends, and to many of you.

But please respect Tripp’s and my privacy during this time. I do not want any lectures and I do not want any sympathy.
My little family always has, and always will come first.
Tripp, this new baby, and I will all be fine, because God is merciful.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/bristolpalin/2015/06/big-news/
Sarah Palin is so blessed isn't she?
frvcvs would make a good Iranian paparazzi photog. It's his calling.

Unfortunately, his med-marijuana can't cure that affliction.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Mr Doof said:
People having sex? Outside of legal bonds of marriage? I am shocked. Shocked I tell you!

Abstinence pledges, or political theatre, whatever is involved with this whole thing was laughed at when the first news of it hit the newsstands, right? Who took it serious?

Anyway, for my money with this sort of thing, the 2nd laugh is rarely as good as the first.
Well, it IS kind of funny that she got $262K as an abstinence ambassador.

So much for her being allowed to go to Comic-Con

Fuller

Tom Curren status
Jan 10, 2002
.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Grifters gotta grift...

I'm so happy that the Palin's are such a non-entity these days but sometimes I wish that we could have had 4 years of VP Palin - if only for the entertainment value. And it might have sobered up a number of Republicans in the process.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
That's just it, I'd feel bad for her if she wasn't up on her soapbox judging the life decisions of others and pointing her finger while failing to live up to her own standards that she's preaching. And she chose the public life in the wake of her mothers vice-presidential run with her career in reality TV and as a blogger/abstinence activist. She deserves the ridicule.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Incongruity is irksome. The nervous system doesn't like it.

It's weird how many people pretend to be more virtuous than they really are.

I do the opposite.

I act like a skunk when, in fact, I'm an angel, :hat:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Kento said:
Mr Doof said:

So much for her being allowed to go to Comic-Con
No doubt about it, that is great hilarity.

I am not sure the people who paid her enjoy the jape so much, at least not publicly.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Steak said:
Why worry about Sara Palin's daughter when we have
shining role models who were in Public Office like Bill Clinton???? :shrug:
Did Bill Clinton stand on a soapbox and self-righteosly point his finger at others for getting blowjobs? Not that I recall.

[size:14pt]What We Now Know About The Men Who Led The Impeachment Of Clinton[/size]
by Judd Legum Posted on May 30, 2015 at 1:43 pm

On December 19, 1998, the House of Representatives impeached Bill Clinton on two charges related to his extramarital affair with Monica Lewinsky. (The charges were for perjury and obstruction of justice.) The historic vote, and subsequent trial in the Senate, involved the work of three men who were elected Speaker of the House Of Representatives by the Republican majority, Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston and Dennis Hastert.

Almost 17 years later, with the federal indictment of Hastert for illegally concealing up to $3.5 million in hush-money, we finally have a more complete understanding of the men who led this effort.

Newt Gingrich

Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) led the push for Bill Clinton’s impeachment. Following a disappointing election in November 1998, he announced he was stepping down as Speaker and resigning from Congress.

Gingrich later admitted that, while he was pushing for Clinton’s impeachment, he was engaged in an affair with a Congressional aide. “There were times when I was praying and when I felt I was doing things that were wrong. But I was still doing them,” Gingrich said in 2007. He later said the situation was “complex and, obviously, I wasn’t doing things to be proud of.”

Bob Livingston

After Gingrich announced his resignation, Republicans unanimously selected Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA) to succeed him. Livingston represented the party as Speaker-elect in the led up to the impeachment vote.

On the day of the impeachment vote, Livingston announced he was resigning following revelations that he had engaged in an extramarital affair. According to Hustler Magazine Publisher Larry Flint, who offered a reward for information about the sex lives of members of Congress, he “found four women who said they had been involved with Mr. Livingston over the last 10 years.”

Denny Hastert

Following Livingston’s resignation, which occurred on the same day the House voted on impeachment, Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-IL) quickly gained support of the Republican leadership to succeed him as Speaker-designate. He began formally serving as speaker in January 1999, and held that role while the Senate conducted their trial on the articles of impeachment.

On Thursday, Hastert was indicted on charges that he illegally structured $1.7 million in payments to an individual in an attempt to cover up prior misconduct. According to reports, the payments were allegedly intended to “conceal sexual abuse against a former male student he knew during his days as a teacher in Yorkville, Ill.” The LA Times also reported that “investigators also spoke with a second man who raised similar allegations that corroborated what the former student said.”
Those are just the key figures. But if I'm not mistaken there were plenty of others who were pointing their fingers at Clinton's transgressions with dirty hands. People like Rudy Giuliani among others.

Pissbiscuit

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2008
I didn't care for the tone at some points during the 2008 campaign. Yeah the GOP trotted the Palins out like they're a good example instead of a youtube Walmart fight waiting to happen, but that wasn't Bristol Palin's doing.

After she became a public figure in her own right as a compensated spokesperson for abstinence? Game on.

Most parents I know are sending their kids to public school and coughing up somewhere between a fresh GMB 5-fin set and a fresh V2 Grinder in general supplies, and not for their child or other students, but stuff like paper towels, toilet paper...not sure I'd be too happy with (admittedly a micro droplet of) tax money going to abstinence education.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
5'2" in French measurements which is more like 5'7" which is actually above average for the time.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
He was only an inch shorter than the man of your dreams Vladdy Putin...
[img:center]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1120283!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/kirchick24e-1-web.jpg[/img]

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Steak said:
frvcvs said:
[img:center]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1120283!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/kirchick24e-1-web.jpg[/img]
Obama would have been much better off in the NBA.
He's only 6'1"

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Steak said:
frvcvs said:
Steak said:
frvcvs said:
Obama would have been much better off in the NBA.
He's only 6'1"
Practice makes perfect.

And he would have been much better off at it than economics. :rolleyes:
The economy is doing so terrible isn't it?

Under Obama's presidency the dow went from 7,949.09 to 17,730.11 today. So terrible isn't it?