Can we take over Mexico now?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Its the one where the Rock came and stole the franchise from Vin Diesel
Jesus Christ I saw one of those movies, Tokyo Drift. Such a piece of trash, everyone involved should have been blacklisted from Hollywood for at least two generations.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Jesus Christ I saw one of those movies, Tokyo Drift. Such a piece of trash, everyone involved should have been blacklisted from Hollywood for at least two generations.
I just try and figure out who they're marketed to

I figure its people with the same mindset as my son. My son is 8

Reactions: Kento and GDaddy

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I just try and figure out who they're marketed to

I figure its people with the same mindset as my son. My son is 8
I was on a road trip to a game with what seemed to be the dumbest of Raider fans (friends of friends). Agonizing for many reasons but being a captive audience to that movie playing on the in-car screens was tortuous. I brought up the Geneva Convention but was met with perplexity.

Reactions: Ifallalot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I didn't want you to get lonely.

As for what else the U.S. can do, I don't think Trump is in any position to be making any additional demands of the Mexican govt. They're already extending themselves on behalf of our immigration policies.

The "Americans" living in those communities gots to go with the flow. Assimilate or GTFO. If everyone else has to pay to play then so do they.
Maybe I wasn’t clear. The mention of colateral damage refers to Mexicans. The government here has a long history of racking up body counts.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Paul Walker was a training partner of mine.

I haven’t seen any of those movies.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
This whole discussion is ridiculous. Mexican citizens are the victims of violent crime in the US on the regular and we don't tolerate the Mexican Govt's protests. Why should they tolerate or even consider a US Intervention?

Americans going into Mexico to wage war on the Cartels is not going to solve the problem. All it takes is one bad drone strike, one extrajuducial killing, one unjust conviction and the Mexican people will side with the Cartels and against the gringo intervention. The U.S. can provide training and support and intel and such, but the operations must be commanded and run by the Mexican govt. We cannot give them law and order - they must take it for themselves.
I know my "no mercy" proposal would never get off the ground. It's a dream that will never come true, unless Mexico gets desperate and downright begs us for it. Not happening anytime soon.

Mexico needs to take that position FIRST, but that's never going to happen. Corruption in Mexico's government is inbred and never will be ousted. The public there has come to accept it as a way of life. So they go along to get along. Kind of like where California is heading, actually.:cry:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
There were a couple of things that went into that decision, like it turned out he had no pending arrest warrant in Mexico for one. I’m surprised more people weren’t killed. How many souls would it be worth to capture him and hold him until the extradition process was completed and he was transported to the US for trial? 50? 200? This could easily gone a whole lot worse.

Well they let the guy go hoping to save those involved in his capture and it looks like and open bounty has been put out for the death of all law enforcement individuals involved.

First hit went down today....

http://instagr.am/p/B4imYWGAU_b/

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
Duffy, I do want to say, I agree with you on a couple things you've said:

1. Hold companies accountable for hiring illegal immigrants, whether it fine, jail time, etc.
2. streamline and increase legal immigration to the United States. This is what I would call "legalizing people". If you actually give them a streamlined way to legally immigrate in appropriate numbers, we wouldn't have the mess we have now. We all know the US workforce depends on immigrants.

But I want to keep driving home one fact: Illegal immigrants DO NOT get any special free benefits.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Yes, I know. Obrador‘s decision to reléase El Chapito saved people in the short term but will likely cause a violent to even more in the long term.
So you’re saying it will result in more long term violence. Why? If there had been a couple hundred or more civilians chewed up on the streets along with the “troops” that attempted to detain him nothing would change.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That’s what Custer said just before he said where da fuk did all these Indians come from?
Hey, ogre you are dead wrong about it being a random killing, problems between Mormons and the cartels have been going on for generations.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That’s what Custer said just before he said where da fuk did all these Indians come from?
The solution is slow meaningful change in the long term, with the short term turmoil that comes with transitions.

I know that won't happen.

"No country for old men" was about how the cartels were too powerful now.

Funny.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Hey, ogre you are dead wrong about it being a random killing, problems between Mormons and the cartels have been going on for generations.
If you’d been driving through around the same time you wouldn’t be posting.

The “cartels”, unless you count the government as a cartel, haven’t been around for generations. Generation yes, generations, no.

Everything I’ve read, I’ve posted links, indicates wrong place wrong time. Nothing I’ve read indicates this incident had anything to do with the defunctos’ religion.

Feel free to edumacate me.