Can we hype this south swell rolling in yet?

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
We haven't had a proper spring in at least 10 years. I'm talking about white capping by 9 with fog, from February until July or August, and cold as hell. I keep hoping we go back to that so all the nitwits who recently moved here can't take it and move away. I'll take a normal ugly spring, and the junk surf, for months if that scares everyone away.
Sounds like Pac NW

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
FWIW, the Lane is pumping right now. How do I know? Not because I'm there lol. I mostly just "consume" surfing on the interwebs these days. :computer: Way more fun than battling south swell crowds at legendary spots.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
When I was younger, I would go to socal every summer to surf and bodyboard. If Wedge was breaking, I'd go there. It's such a fun party wave that you can just get silly on. It was always a good vibe out there. And afterwards, catching pizza and hanging out in Newport with all the beach cuties and trying to throw my cencal game at them was hilariously fun. I really miss those days.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Some really nice waves and hilarious wipeouts.

JOB taking pics and signing autographs for the kids.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
We haven't had a proper spring in at least 10 years. I'm talking about white capping by 9 with fog, from February until July or August, and cold as hell. I keep hoping we go back to that so all the nitwits who recently moved here can't take it and move away. I'll take a normal ugly spring, and the junk surf, for months if that scares everyone away.
Yeah, "if". But if not, then F that.

Got some really good ones yesterday; double sessions!

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Doheny. It was even more crowded than that Saturday mid-morning when I drove by...:drowning:
My 12 y/o son and I surfed Doho this past fall on a decent south during a trip out from back east. Surfed a waist high inside right off the boneyard literally nobody else was surfing. Everywhere else just shoulder to shoulder packed - full demolition derby. We were just catching wave after wave and laughing. It was completely bizarre. Like, ok, there must be some mad typhoid right here at this particular peak. Which, of course, there probably was.

Reactions: Joshua2415