Can i start a vegetable and herb garden thread?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Doing that, but still is way more kale-like in texture than modern cabbage. Taste is almost like a blend of broccoli, cabbage, and hint of mustard greens when raw.
my new trick is to wash, chiffonade, blanche for just a minute, drain, and toss with just a bit of red wine vinegar

the greens keep well in the fridge this way for a couple days, good color/flavor/texture....I use it for the L in the BLT(A)

Reactions: Mr Doof

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
No amber trichomes, so, needs longer before picking?

But like with apples, some are red and some are green when ready to eat, do some variants not turn amber?

Or do you pay attention to the hairs which certainly look amber to me.

Like I said, seems like there is a lot of lore about this.

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
This one has a bunch of amber trichomes just need the handheld microscope to see them. They always look like sugar coating on the leaves to the naked eye.

You are right different strains have different colors
‘I love this time of year colder nights make the anthocyanin come out and you get the nice purple
Howver some purple is bad. like purple stems for example can be a result of nutrient deficiency or other issues.

100% correct a lot of lore , I have 4 friends I grew up and each of us have our own methods. Many different ways to get to the chosen destination!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Doof

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
My sole sativa is loving this windy autumn, Buds all getting nice and dense.

Had to tie the branches up to the roof,
Weight is increasing nicely as well.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
IMG-20211003-WA0010.jpeg

1st autos already jarred, 2nd batch curing inside my moms diaper box!

Gorilla Glue, Banana Kush Cake, Wedding Cheese Cake, Pakistani Ryder and Purple Kush FTW this year.

:roflmao:

My regulars filled the annual coffin nicely. One sativa left.

No scales around as that might lead to people thinking it's for distribution, which it's not.... Unless of course it's to my brain cells, of course.

:shaka:

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Working in the garden today. Its fall now, so the growing is done. Chopping up the leftovers and throwing it on the compost pile where it will be recycled for next year. Thinking about what Morey said...

""There is no death, only form changing - waves in the sea of life. Nobody dies. A burning tree is light and motion finally freed from decades of ensnarement. Thank you to all the millions of people who have embraced the sister-brotherhood of Mother Ocean Waves. You all have made this world a better place. Spread joy as spreading jam over toasted minds."

Reactions: warble2

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
View attachment 117174

1st autos already jarred, 2nd batch curing inside my moms diaper box!

Gorilla Glue, Banana Kush Cake, Wedding Cheese Cake, Pakistani Ryder and Purple Kush FTW this year.

:roflmao:

My regulars filled the annual coffin nicely. One sativa left.

No scales around as that might lead to people thinking it's for distribution, which it's not.... Unless of course it's to my brain cells, of course.

:shaka:
Reuse the jar lids much?

Sometimes, there's other items to harvest. L to R, Black Cobra, Alter Ego, Thai and ??? on the bottom.
1634481162981.png

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
are there any good vegetables I can grow in my tomato pots through winter?

I'm doing sweet peas already....