Can anyone articulate the goals of this current movement and how they will be achieved?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
It all seems pretty unclear to me

to keep the conversation on track let’s assume as a given that racism is bad

thank you

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
The goal is November's election. Its like clockwork every election cycle when democrats need to rally the base.
i don’t think most people protesting are just using this as a ruse to drive Democrat votes

they claim to have a broader set of goals in mind but my sense is that the goals are so vague as to have little meaning

for example, is one of the goals to end institutional racism?

seems like it

but no one really defines that concept, how it’s currently being perpetuated and how any practical solution could be achieved

lts nice to say you’re against institutional racism, but really who isn’t in theory outside of a few fringe wackos

the harder question is what does that really mean when you say that

is it just a hashtag?

If that’s all it turns out to be, then don’t you think that will become evident and will frustrate the victims of this phenomenon even more?

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
i don’t think most people protesting are just using this as a ruse to drive Democrat votes
I think you're being a little naive. Its a media driven democrat get out the vote campaign. Had it not been the Floyd incident there would have been something else. The reporting drives the narrative and the foot soldiers of the left spark the outrage, protests and ultimately riots. Its all become predictable every election cycle. Its like clockwork the summer before a big November election.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I think you're being a little naive. Its a media driven democrat get out the vote campaign. Had it not been the Floyd incident there would have been something else. The reporting drives the narrative and the foot soldiers of the left spark the outrage, protests and ultimately riots. Its all become predictable every election cycle. Its like clockwork the summer before a big November election.
Same could be said about the lockdown protests.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Uhhhh No. Sorry. That's a reaction to an unprecedented situation and an unprecedented over-reach by blue state governors.
Suuure! All the billionaires were funding it out of the goodness of their hearts?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
left handed compliments !! ) :)
That is all I ever get.

Mean kids say stuff like, "I bet you were a good teacher back in the day."

Me, in my snappy repartee, disqualify by replying: "Nah, I sucked then too." Then I counter with "We're you ever a good student?"

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
If the demands are pretty clear it shouldn’t take you much effort to provide a list of them. While you’re at it, maybe you can show us how it’s starting to work already. Like a progress report against the list of demands.

Get back to us ok.
If you are so interested take a look at the house bill.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You got to go for prison reform.

That will help poor white people too.

The problem is that special interest groups are making $$$$$ from the status quo.