Cali Lunch Brah

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I'm two weeks in on a fat loss campaign.

I was looking at all the stuff, adding up the calories.

What is weird is after a about a week you get used to that low level hunger that you have when you go to submaintience calories.

I kind of get high from it.
Starting in March I really began to focus on fat loss and healthier living. 80% plant based diet. Cut gluten. Rarely eat cheese or sweets. Only drinking once or twice a week. Wine is no longer my drink of choice. Drinking vodka soda with fresh orange and lime. I joined a gym in August and am hitting the weights. I have lost alot of body fat but am bigger stronger and heavier. I'm down 3 pants sizes though. I feel pretty good. Surfing better than I have in a long time.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Would anyone put a type of fuel in their vehicle that was bad for their car? And yet, few people behave as though their Earth vehicle, (their body), should have appropriate fuel. Doughnuts anyone?

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
Bearflag is a scene so I rarely even try go there anymo brah. It's almost as bad as trying to get In-n-out on 19th. Forgetaboutit. But they have the best tuna poke around. Grouper sammich is so ono kine too brah.

Mo betta go across from Bearflag to the sister company Circle Hook in Lido Village. Straight up fresh fish plate with choice of Swordfish, BFT or Hali only $20 bucks bro. Best deal around. Call it in to go or eat it on the walk out front on the harbor looking across at Louie's on the Bay and Billy's. Can't go wrong either way.

Speaking of 19th Street best kine grind ono Carnitas is at El Toro Bravo on 19th Street in the mexi center next to Smart and Final. Tortilleria and everything fresh made daily. Cheap with all the fixin's including home made salsas and tortillas. :shaka:
The Bear Flag at Pacific City in Huntington isn't as crowded as the original Lido one, but has all the same stuff. Agreed that the carnitas at El Toro Bravo is the best. I've been going there since forever; even had them cater both of my daughters' HS grad parties.

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
As long as we are doing Food News in central/coastal OC, the Tokyo Central market at Harbor and Baker in Costa Mesa is awesome. Fresh sushi daily and a vast array of other Japanese ready to go meals, plus there is a whole Japanese supermarket with everything you want. They want to do everything fresh, so after 7 pm every day they sell everything at 20% off.

Reactions: keenfish

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Would anyone put a type of fuel in their vehicle that was bad for their car? And yet, few people behave as though their Earth vehicle, (their body), should have appropriate fuel. Doughnuts anyone?
It's like running race gas in a dirt bike. The bike and driver love it. But it destroys the engine.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Healthy affordable seafood meal; Zubies Calamari Giant Fajita Taco. Under $11. Large portion of squid so tender it is suspicious, with bell peppers. jack cheese, onions, and sauce, red cabbage & pinto beans on the side.

Zubies Dry Dock, Adams & Magnolia, 1.5 miles from the pier in Huntington Beach, CALIFORNIA (like music)

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021
Why stop at taking pics of the food? Why not take a pic of it coming out the other end?
Fuck1ng self absorbed self centered A-Hats
Thanks for the commentary Karen :waving::waving::waving:

:beer: Gelsons turkey chili and Wolfgang pucks bbq chix salad $17

A7AFC1C9-8C1A-4892-A7AA-6B161FD4728F.jpeg

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Healthy affordable seafood meal; Zubies Calamari Giant Fajita Taco. Under $11. Large portion of squid so tender it is suspicious, with bell peppers. jack cheese, onions, and sauce, red cabbage & pinto beans on the side.

Zubies Dry Dock, Adams & Magnolia, 1.5 miles from the pier in Huntington Beach, CALIFORNIA (like music)
Thats cause you likely eating a pigs butt hole passed off as calamari.

Sorry brah.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Two things I noticed from this thread....

1-) you guys pay WAY TOO MUCH for simple sandwiches you could make at home for a couple of bucks.

2-) in doing so, you are contributing to the MASS CONSUMPTION of plastics.

WTF is with all the plastic trays, tubs, forks, sporks, cups, bags, envelopes, etc.... ????

:shameonyou:

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021
Two things I noticed from this thread....

1-) you guys pay WAY TOO MUCH for simple sandwiches you could make at home for a couple of bucks.

2-) in doing so, you are contributing to the MASS CONSUMPTION of plastics.

WTF is with all the plastic trays, tubs, forks, sporks, cups, bags, envelopes, etc.... ????

:shameonyou:
just throw it on the company card - write off

i don’t really cook I’m not the domestic type - bbq grill and beer that’s about it

we should move to hemp products that decompose quickly. I’ve been a hemp advocate for years and hope to start an industrial hemp farm one day