Caity Simmers, Stud or Dud?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
And then he named a bunch of guys not from Oceanside who were better lol.
Apparently I had some zip codes incorrect of Carlsbad guys that grew up surfing Oceanside.

Someone mentioned T Knox being from Carlsbad but he's actually from Thousand Oaks. Pat O'Connell claiming C-bad but he's from Chicago. Hmm.

Phil Edwards is one of the most influential surfers of all time and he's from Oceanside. First guy to surf Pipeline in 1961.

Reactions: john4surf

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
is being from Carlsbad really that different from being from Oceanside? You can paddle from one to the other…

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Apparently I had some zip codes incorrect of Carlsbad guys that grew up surfing Oceanside.

Someone mentioned T Knox being from Carlsbad but he's actually from Thousand Oaks. Pat O'Connell claiming C-bad but he's from Chicago. Hmm.

Phil Edwards is one of the most influential surfers of all time and he's from Oceanside. First guy to surf Pipeline in 1961.
Lol bro can’t ever admit he’s wrong.

TK will tell you he cut his teeth at Tammy, Ponto and Warm Waters, not the pier.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Ah, no. “Apparently . . . but” isn’t really “I was wrong.”

And TK lived in Oxnard too. So he can be the best surfer from TO, Oxnard and Carlsbad, but still not Oceanside.
lol

Whatever makes you feel good.

When you get the chance let us know what Taylor's jock smells like.:rolleyes:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
She continues to improve all the time, but I can think of surfers that have surfed better than her from Oceanside, but they are all men and getting old, so maybe less so now. But it may also be nostalgia talking. But the way things are going, it'll probably be true.

She's doing everything right. The foundation is there. Her style is sick. Her approach is fantastic. She's young and will continue to grow into it. When she does, it'll be even gnarlier. She is noticeably less formulaic than her peers and predecessors and inspired to surf a certain way rather than surf to win heats. She's more Dane than anything.

This puts her on par with male contemporaries at the moment and light years beyond most of her female peers. I saw Steph from afar around this point in her career and I saw Carissa come up. Caity is the next quantum leap. In the coming years, a handful of girls are going to continue to push the envelope and it's pretty great to watch. She's leading it but a few will be right there.

She is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best female surfer out of the entirety of Oceanside, San Diego County, and the West Coast of California. Tough to compare her to Lisa Anderson in her time, but if you care to, she's arguably the best female surfer from the mainland US.

Did you gat a chance to watch the Maps to Nowhere yet? Do you still think this?
Yes. She has improved even from when this thread started.
She can and will continue to improve.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
She continues to improve all the time, but I can think of surfers that have surfed better than her from Oceanside, but they are all men and getting old, so maybe less so now. But it may also be nostalgia talking. But the way things are going, it'll probably be true.

She's doing everything right. The foundation is there. Her style is sick. Her approach is fantastic. She's young and will continue to grow into it. When she does, it'll be even gnarlier. She is noticeably less formulaic than her peers and predecessors and inspired to surf a certain way rather than surf to win heats. She's more Dane than anything.

This puts her on par with male contemporaries at the moment and light years beyond most of her female peers. I saw Steph from afar around this point in her career and I saw Carissa come up. Caity is the next quantum leap. In the coming years, a handful of girls are going to continue to push the envelope and it's pretty great to watch. She's leading it but a few will be right there.

She is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best female surfer out of the entirety of Oceanside, San Diego County, and the West Coast of California. Tough to compare her to Lisa Anderson in her time, but if you care to, she's arguably the best female surfer from the mainland US.

Yes. She has improved even from when this thread started.
She can and will continue to improve.
Anyone comparing her to men is missing the point. There are 100 men at Snapper who surf better than Steph but I don’t think anyone would deny she’s one of the greatest surfers from the area ever.

Watch the people who don’t want transgender men surfing against women come here and tell us she’s not better than the men.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
That's what was being done in the first pages of this thread when Reforest claimed she was the best surfer out of Oceanside ever. And you kept running with it.

Bob Dobbalina is right.
why don’t you ask him what he meant?

Who do you think is currently the best surfer from Oceanside?

When she wins a world title, after winning the Pipe Not-masters, will she just be the 34th best surfer from Oside?

Why do you feel it appropriate to compare her to men in this instance but cry sad tears when trans men surf women’s longboard comps?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
why don’t you ask him what he meant?

When she wins a world title, after winning the Pipe Not-masters, will she just be the 34th best surfer from Oside?
This seems really important to you.

Why do you feel it appropriate to compare her to men in this instance but cry sad tears when trans men surf women’s longboard comps?
I didn't feel it was appropriate - I thought comparing her to the men was silly - and also thought the excited claim of her being the "best surfer from Oceanside ever" was hyperbolic.

Not sure what trans men have anything to do with the topic but you constantly seem to have to bring up the topic of transgenders so it's par for the course for you.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
This seems really important to you.

I didn't feel it was appropriate - I thought comparing her to the men was silly - and also thought the excited claim of her being the "best surfer from Oceanside ever" was hyperbolic.

Not sure what trans men have anything to do with the topic but you constantly seem to have to bring up the topic of transgenders so it's par for the course for you.