CA Property Taxes

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I don’t know if you’re dense or you’re just being a dick or what. If you’re my age or younger you’re probably buying at 750k minimum

so at 1% tax rate from year 0 to n is

and it just keeps going up

this is not including schools, utilities and other sh!t

yeah, it’s the price of owning

guessing you rent or the tax doesn’t hurt you :shrug:

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
????? What did they do when you addressed that?
i didn’t address it with him or the school. I didn’t see any possible positive outcome other than it being a teachable example. We are choiced in the district, he’s been there forever, another sibiling was right behind her.

The teasing/comments went the whole year. Confirmed by classmates.

The takeaway, you’re going to be in shiit situations with shiit superiors. There are SMALL people in the world, who take out issues on others.

Right or wrong approach, IDK, scars were left. I’m still fine with my inaction.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Just having fun with you calling a flat rate an increasing rate. Ignore me.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
i didn’t address it with him or the school. I didn’t see any possible positive outcome other than it being a teachable example. We are choiced in the district, he’s been there forever, another sibiling was right behind her.

The takeaway, you’re going to be in shiit situations with shiit superiors. There are SMALL people in the world, who take out issues on others.

I respectfully disagree. I'd be curious to know which school it is since my wife works in what I believe is the same district (she's a school psychologist). either way that's fuct and something should have been done about it.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Wow.

Enlighten us, o great altruist, on what you do that gives you the moral authority to complain about elementary school teachers?

I don't know about Havoc, but I married one, and my mom was one for 40 years, and I spent some years substitute teaching in public schools.

Lots of low IQ, lazy as f#ck elementary school teachers out there.

They don't deserve the $100K salaries and cushy benefits they demand.

On the other hand, there are some, my wife included, that absolutely work their asses off. And if you're doing your job, you're working your ass off. You have to. That means when you come home you're doing schoolwork most of the night. Because on top of the standard work you already have to do, there's the increasing bullshit requirements they've added into the job.

After 3 or 4 years of this my wife was wondering why she was always working her ass off doing what she was supposed to be doing...while her grade level colleagues never worked a minute in the classroom after school was over and came in reeking of booze some mornings. They always seemed to have all the time in the world, she didn't have much.

Once she became grade level chair, it all became pretty evident. She was pretty much the only one who had her sh!t together. Her colleagues often were just doing class on the fly, or doing whatever, faking paperwork, BSing this/that.

She was smart, went to teach in private school. Does half the take home work she used to do. Actually teaching kids. Way less BS. Worthless teachers actually get fired.

My mom saw public education devolve over the years in the same way. A lot of the public ed teachers DGAF.Moreso the younger ones. Lazy, no brains, no skill, active social life. A lot.

Havoc

May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

thats fkd up. sorry to hear.

Havoc

May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I don't know about Havoc, but I married one, and my mom was one for 40 years, and I spent some years substitute teaching in public schools.

Lots of low IQ, lazy as f#ck elementary school teachers out there.

They don't deserve the $100K salaries and cushy benefits they demand.

On the other hand, there are some, my wife included, that absolutely work their asses off. And if you're doing your job, you're working your ass off. You have to. That means when you come home you're doing schoolwork most of the night. Because on top of the standard work you already have to do, there's the increasing bullshit requirements they've added into the job.

After 3 or 4 years of this my wife was wondering why she was always working her ass off doing what she was supposed to be doing...while her grade level colleagues never worked a minute in the classroom after school was over and came in reeking of booze some mornings. They always seemed to have all the time in the world, she didn't have much.

Once she became grade level chair, it all became pretty evident. She was pretty much the only one who had her sh!t together. Her colleagues often were just doing class on the fly, or doing whatever, faking paperwork, BSing this/that.

She was smart, went to teach in private school. Does half the take home work she used to do. Actually teaching kids. Way less BS. Worthless teachers actually get fired.

My mom saw public education devolve over the years in the same way. A lot of the public ed teachers DGAF.Moreso the younger ones. Lazy, no brains, no skill, active social life. A lot.
nailed. there are some amazing teachers out there but tons of bad ones with no accountability. too bad.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Another thing to consider is the location.

Over in Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, your annual property tax includes fees to support the local public school systems. K-12, community colleges. Off of the normally funded State of California formula.

Your public school systems in this area give you way better educated kids. They don't have to support any migrant programs because there are no migrants.

No free lunches. No free healthcare.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
If you can afford to buy a place to live there, you should be able to afford the associated costs of continuing to live there.

Here, in Santa Cruz County we pay our taxes. As state employees, it effects our salaries compared to the local average.

A huge disparity. The ubers vs the locals.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
At the elementary school where my kids went 100% of the teachers worked an average of 60 hours a week during the 39 week school year. I am personal friends with many of them and their jobs often interfere with their social lives.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
At the elementary school where my kids went 100% of the teachers worked an average of 60 hours a week during the 39 week school year. I am personal friends with many of them and their jobs often interfere with their social lives.
Dude, we have two different standards in the state of California. #1 is the current state funding policy. Now based on transfer credits, degrees, certificates owned. 99% of California. A set, state, funding policy.
All of Santa Cruz County.

The Bay area, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Los Altos.

They fund their school system through property taxes. A whole nother deal. A huge ste
OK, but CalPers and that entire retirement package come into play at some point?
2% at 55 for us old timers. After 2013, 2% at 62.

2% at 50 for Law enforcement, Fire.