CA orders mask mandate

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
AND symptoms.
Again, sigh.

I had covid about a month ago (“confirmed” with a test). I’m just now getting over the flu (Confirmed with a test). With the number of false positives and the recency of my actual covid infection it would not surprise me if I tested positive for covid again. But I had the flu.

That still exists ya know. And it kills kids. But nobody is being forced to do anything to prevent flu.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Again, sigh.

I had covid about a month ago (“confirmed” with a test). I’m just now getting over the flu (Confirmed with a test). With the number of false positives and the recency of my actual covid infection it would not surprise me if I tested positive for covid again. But I had the flu.

That still exists ya know. And it kills kids. But nobody is being forced to do anything to prevent flu.
I remember in February of 2020 I had the worst virus I'd had in 10 years. I assumed it was COVID since it had all the same symptoms. Antibody and T-cell tests did not show I had COVID. MEanwhile, Walensky and the other idiots at the CDC were telling us there was no flu that year. :rolleyes:

Still, you can get re-infected with new coronaviruses even if you had them last year. I don't think it's wise to say you can't get re-infected with COVID if there are different strains of it.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I remember in February of 2020 I had the worst virus I'd had in 10 years. I assumed it was COVID since it had all the same symptoms. Antibody and T-cell tests did not show I had COVID. MEanwhile, Walensky and the other idiots at the CDC were telling us there was no flu that year. :rolleyes:

Still, you can get re-infected with new coronaviruses even if you had them last year. I don't think it's wise to say you can't get re-infected with COVID if there are different strains of it.
Yeah, maybe.

I also got fuuuuuuucccccckkkkkedddd up by what I thought was covid in Jan 2020. It wasn’t. It was the flu.

Should have known. I’ve been hospitalized twice from the flu.

This latest round that I’m still recovering from was waaaayyyyy worse than the covid I had.

Reactions: PRCD

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
If you want to completely eradicate something, as we did with polio, they need to be near 100% effective. Even with mumps and measles, breakthrough cases are extremely very rare because the vaccines are highly effective.
The "vaccination" was rushed to market, doesn't work as advertised...... so what do you do?..... you blame its ineffectiveness on the people that aren’t taking it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The "vaccination" was rushed to market, doesn't work as advertised...... so what do you do?..... you blame its ineffectiveness on the people that aren’t taking it.
The vaccine does work to prevent hospitalization which was what was measured in the trials. The fact that smart guys like you think it doesn't work because the CDC and Walensky later changed the definition of "vaccine" and "effectiveness" proves how bad a job they've done with the public. Everyone is thoroughly confused and many people think they've been lied-to (they have).

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The vaccine does work to prevent hospitalization which was what was measured in the trials. The fact that smart guys like you think it doesn't work because the CDC and Walensky later changed the definition of "vaccine" and "effectiveness" proves how bad a job they've done with the public. Everyone is thoroughly confused and many people think they've been lied-to (they have).
Of course everyone has been lied to. What' the reason for masks and boosters?

Reactions: grapedrink

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Omicron could possible be the "vaccine" we needed. If South Africa and the UK are a true representation, it's a highly contagious but very mild version (which is perfectly normal and how virus' become benign). It's a gift from the heavens in developing herd immunity. Why are we hiding from it? Midterms?

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Omicron could possible be the "vaccine" we needed. If South Africa and the UK are a true representation, it's a highly contagious but very mild version (which is perfectly normal and how virus' become benign). It's a gift from the heavens in developing herd immunity. Why are we hiding from it? Midterms?
People are addicted

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
San Diego has had summer-like conditions along the beach the past few days - really no need to wear a mask unless you go into a business - which all are mandated to enforce masks.

I was at CBC (Coronado brewing co.) today and they were quick to crack down on mask-less people.

Nobody seems to be wearing masks in san diego

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
For those of you keeping score outside Florida, Publix employees all seem to be wearing masks all the time, no signs up for shoppers. Other businesses are hit and miss. The strip mall sushi on 16th North, the staff wear masks. The strip mall sushi on 13th South, no masks.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
For the most part restaurants and bars in Ventura County and the parts of western LA County I frequent are pretty much maskless. There's signs but no one seems TGAF. No one is wearing them when they get up from their seats etc.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
For the most part restaurants and bars in Ventura County and the parts of western LA County I frequent are pretty much maskless. There's signs but no one seems TGAF. No one is wearing them when they get up from their seats etc.
You're both right. Places we go are maskless. Places Boomers go are masked. Boomers want to live in an all-Boomer world where only they exist and they pretend they're still in the '60s seeing hot new bands like The Doobies and The Grateful Dead. This world probably smells real bad and people drop dead pretty regularly. Happily, I don't live in it. This is the Way. Keep Boomers in their world and out of the way of the rest of the world.

• Haha
Reactions: tenover