CA gas prices

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
So, I looked it up.

:love:

Yep.

This is why I lived 6 yrs in the Mission Dist with roomies in a dump saving/investing my meager paycheck and not owning a car.

And which is why after living with Sweetie-pie for 6 months (after dating for 3 yrs), said, "Hey, if we combine our income, we could get a place and eek out a living. I mean, it isn't likely to get cheaper is it?"

(And to be fair, she did say, "It will get cheaper if there is a bad earthquake," before mulling it over and saying yes.)

So we got in at late 90s prices.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Lots of the tall residential towers adding to/detraction from the view here in SF now have to have some 'affordable' units if the developer wants to get the building approved.

This link may also show how much $ counts as affordable but yeah, that affordable price could buy you a mansion in Akron or Abilene.
You could sell the median price house in San Francisco and buy yourself an entire skyscraper in Detroit.

Put a wave pool with sunlamps in the basement and you'd be pimping.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
You always know what to say to make me happy.

Does okalahoa have good surf?

Wave pools are the future
Oklahoma is the reason Texas doesn’t fall into the Gulf of Mexico... Oklahoma sucks. In the 1970s it was a dry State controlled by absurd liquor laws (but the gas was cheap). I flew into/out of OK City and the airlines would not allow liquor to be served on the flight until we were out of OK air space. The governor and State Police boarded an Amtrak and confiscated their liquor because of apparent serving of liquor when the train was in the State. The hotels gave ‘member’ cards to their guests so we could visit their bar. I’m not an alcoholic but damn, one really wants a beer when others tell you no, you can’t have one. Bye Bye OK

Reactions: Autoprax

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
"When gas prices go up, giant SUV sales drop and smaller car sales increase. If gas went way up and stayed way up, yeah, I think things would change. I think people would demand more affordable, more livable options."

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yes! You disagreed with some minor tenet of their hilariously rigid frame/ideology, therefore you are demanding a high speed train from the Tenderloin to the new 40 storey housing project/AIDS clinic/Needle Exchange situated in the drainage basin of some river in Big Sur with a stickleback living in it.

I mean, there is only one person who isn't of my tribe (ilk) therefore even the most minor POV difference means you are saying f--k everybody but me because everyone in my community is of my tribe and my community is the entirety of the human experience and f--k everybody but me except when someone who disagrees with me says f---k everybody but me, then they're only worried about themselves but I'm worried about myself which somehow makes me more altruistic because reasons and the guy next door said so.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yes! You disagreed with some minor tenet of their hilariously rigid frame/ideology, therefore you are demanding a high speed train from the Tenderloin to the new 40 storey housing project/AIDS clinic/Needle Exchange situated in the drainage basin of some river in Big Sur with a stickleback living in it.

I mean, there is only one person who isn't of my tribe (ilk) therefore even the most minor POV difference means you are saying f--k everybody but me because everyone in my community is of my tribe and my community is the entirety of the human experience and f--k everybody but me except when someone who disagrees with me says f---k everybody but me.
Sorry

We have to pay these prices, you don't. You can't give an inch to these people, especially when it comes to social engineering.

Their track record of not thinking things through all the way promotes the rigidity

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
"When gas prices go up, giant SUV sales drop and smaller car sales increase. If gas went way up and stayed way up, yeah, I think things would change. I think people would demand more affordable, more livable options."
= build high rises in small rural non-growing town with no jobs?

Ok.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019

I mean, there is only one person who isn't of my tribe (ilk) therefore even the most minor POV difference means you are saying f--k everybody but me because everyone in my community is of my tribe and my community is the entirety of the human experience and f--k everybody but me except when someone who disagrees with me says f---k everybody but me, then they're only worried about themselves but I'm worried about myself which somehow makes me more altruistic because reasons and the guy next door said so.
Don't listen to Rice.

He's a central coast surfer.

By definition he drives far enough from one surf spot to the next to significantly hasten the death of the planet on a monthly (if not weekly) basis.

:cool:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Don't listen to Rice.

He's a central coast surfer.

By definition he drives far enough from one surf spot to the next to significantly hasten the death of the planet on a monthly (if not weekly) basis.

:cool:
Yeah plus just their vibe is more harmful than all the transportation and Hindu cows etc.

I realized I didn't need a hood because the heat from their glares was keeping me 5-10 deg + warmer than everyone else.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Oklahoma is the reason Texas doesn’t fall into the Gulf of Mexico... Oklahoma sucks. In the 1970s it was a dry State controlled by absurd liquor laws (but the gas was cheap). I flew into/out of OK City and the airlines would not allow liquor to be served on the flight until we were out of OK air space. The governor and State Police boarded an Amtrak and confiscated their liquor because of apparent serving of liquor when the train was in the State. The hotels gave ‘member’ cards to their guests so we could visit their bar. I’m not an alcoholic but damn, one really wants a beer when others tell you no, you can’t have one. Bye Bye OK
I spent New Year’s eve 1973 at Leon Russell’s private club in Tulsa.

We pay for electricity in the house in town on a sliding scale depending on use.

Hey SB, I don’t disagree.

Hey bird, if I remember correctly most of the big developments of suburban sprawl in the LA/OC area really boomed during the Pat Brown purview days. There was 30 minutes of nothing between south LA county and Santa Ana.

The democrats were fucking you before you were born.

I left California (San Clemente) in 1979 because it was becoming too crowded for me.

Don’t you drive a bunch for your job?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Google is your friend!

Learn something new today (outside of your race-driven frame)!
LOL. I know the other factors you'd prefer to focus on, but they're not independent of the elephant in the room as much as you'd like them to be.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Nothing like a good carbon footprint measuring contest to settle the pecking order around here.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Hey bird, if I remember correctly most of the big developments of suburban sprawl in the LA/OC area really boomed during the Pat Brown purview days. There was 30 minutes of nothing between south LA county and Santa Ana.

The democrats were fucking you before you were born.

I left California (San Clemente) in 1979 because it was becoming too crowded for me.

Don’t you drive a bunch for your job?
I drive occasionally to see clients out in Burbank, but most of my work meetings are a short walk from the office.

A little confused as to what you're trying to get at with the rest of the post. Is it that I'm supposed to think everything Democrats do is hunky dory?

Or am I supposed to be blown away that the Los Angeles suburbs really took off in the post-WW2 era? (No sh!t.)

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
You could sell the median price house in San Francisco and buy yourself an entire skyscraper in Detroit.

Put a wave pool with sunlamps in the basement and you'd be pimping.

Or buy this for cash in a nice suburb and an excellently named street, and have enough left over for a few winters worth of heating and AirB&B west wing for yearly trips to somewhere else.