CA gas prices

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I knew you'd come around!
Hey, my beach, my wave, stay/go home.

It will be like the old days once more. Brings a tear to my eye. :cool:

I like it in theory, but realistically, all the Inland surfers will simply pack into their MBZ "adventure vans" (complete with the Patagonia stickers and Aloha seat covers, and ten surfers to the van) pool their gas money and camp at the beach. We won't even be able to see the surf because the stupid vans will line the entire coast.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
And those high rises will prevent sprawl once you get the commuter train.

Throw that high speed rail right over Casa de Rice.

Work in SF, live in Morro Bay.
Years ago I did some math on this kinda concept.

Pretty much always cheaper over time to live as close as you can to where you spend most of your waking hours (which is sadly work for this fine fresh fellow). Commuting is soul stealing.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
How dare you pick apart the strawman? THERE WILL BE HIGH RISES IN CAMBRIA IF THE LIBS GET THEIR WAY GODDAMMIT.
Or maybe Cambria should have to pay their teachers enough so they can afford to live there instead of commuting from Salinas?

What's the average home price in Cambria? Isn't it around 800 grand?

:ROFLMAO:

Not going to happen.

Can't have the rubes living with the haves.

Too gauche.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Or maybe Cambria should have to pay their teachers enough so they can afford to live there instead of commuting from Salinas?
Where will Cambria come up with the money? Property tax is out, income tax is already high...maybe there is some sort of consumption tax that could be assessed to fund this compensation?

<trump> The Gas Tax (Wall) just 10 cents (feet) higher</trump>

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA

That's a whole 'nother subject.

(This time the highrises are in Morro Bay, but last time it was Cambria.)

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Hate to say it, but higher gas, less traffic could actually encourage OC surfers spending more winter time at Blacks and more Valley surfers at Trestles.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Hate to say it, but higher gas, less traffic could actually encourage OC surfers spending more winter time at Blacks and more Valley surfers at Trestles.
Hey man. We have already established that everyone moved to the suburbs to avoid blacks.

Try and keep up.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
I drive 17 double lane road miles to work and from work, 4 days a week. I exceed the 100 quota. I don’t drive far to surf

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

:ROFLMAO:

Not going to happen.

Can't have the rubes living with the haves.

Too gauche.

Lots of the tall residential towers adding to/detracting from the view here in SF now have to have some 'affordable' units if the developer wants to get the building approved.

This link may also show how much $ counts as affordable but yeah, that affordable price could buy you a mansion in Akron or Abilene.

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I drive 17 double lane road miles to work and from work, 4 days a week. I exceed the 100 quota. I don’t drive far to surf
Yee gads.

Why do you hate the planet SO much?

Let's do surf trips next.

Did you all know a long-haul flight generates more carbon emissions than the average person in dozens of countries around the world produces in a whole year? In just a few hours. "Oh indeed. We sent Muffy and Biff off to Europe for spring break. We plan on meeting them in Paris and then heading down to Aruba for a little family time. After that we have a global warming protest to attend. These people who commute 5 miles per day just to work are simply ruining this planet for the rest of us!"

Fvck everyone who doesn't ride a donkey to work.

Last edited: