CA Beaches Done

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
It was like any other morning. No problem surfing, people fishing, people with dogs on the beach, etc

waves were super fun too

HB did the right thing with this asshole’s order
Waves should be good for the next 10 days.

I think we can officially declare the great CV scare over. More counties in both CA and other states are flexing their police powers.

That is, sheriffs control county law enforcement. They have obviously figured out that the "i was just following orders " defense wont work.

Anyone remember rodney king? 2nd trial was for federal civil rights violations. No beat cop wants to be charged with "deprivation of rights under color of authority".

This farce is over. My only interest is when does the counter strike begin?

Reactions: Ifallalot

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
yewww!!

this thing is mismanaged at so many levels it's absurd. still waiting on the fkn mass testing. hard earned taxpayer money at work lolz.

View attachment 90324
That's a very misleading photo done with the same type of lens as the other ones. I've worked in every single one of those towers.'

Cold and flu season is over. Mass testing is not coming. TIme for everyone to grow up. There's nothing wrong with young, healthy people and families going outside.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
My reaction to the OC beaches being shut down is mostly barely stifled laughter. I'm cynical, I don't particularly like Orange County or many people in it, I have a mostly unreasonable chip on my shoulder toward wealthy people that don't use their wealth to speak out for others. You know, standard issues SJW snowflake, right?

But I guess it sucks and feels unfair when the government uses its power to single you out, make rules that limit your access to otherwise free or beneficial services, gives preferential treatment to others, and tells you where you can and can't go. I wonder if they will stop granting you access to the loans you take out to live where you want, regulating you farther and farther from the sand. Maybe we'll call it "white-lining", but that might have other connotations from most of the Echo Beach crew. Drugs are bad and should be punished kids, just not when me or my kids did them.

But when Ferguson, Flint, Baltimore, (sh!t, we're less than 30 years and 30 minutes from the South Central Riots, folks) try to tell you what purposeful, discriminatory practices do to a community and that enough is enough...... it's crickets from the Newport Trustafarians and the HB neo-skins. If it's not crickets, it's some "all lives matter", just stop resisting and do what you're told, energy. But take away the beach and it's, "look at the brutality we have to endure, my rights are being violated, woe is me, we must defy these unjust laws". It's about justice! I'm prepared to go to war for my Social Just..., er.. sh!t....Who's the SJW now?

So while I empathize with the feeling of being overly scrutinized, I don't feel bad for you (That being said, if you start burning down Balboa Peninsula or Downtown HB, I support you and I promise I'll try not to ask why you're burning down your own community in outrage). Remember: We support your intentions, we just can't support your methods. You have to do things the (w)right way. Just comply and everything will be ok. stop resisting.

News Flash for the OC.
You're not being threatened with bodily injury or death. The local governments and police still back you. You still enjoy a concentration of riches and resources that many don't. Call me when heads are bashed in during your "Occupy the Pier" rally, or you are at least tackled, punched, and ground in to the ground like you're a 14 year old in Sacramento (no beaches there. I forgot) kid fishing for for a pack of smokes who has the nerve to say "Why the fuck are you putting handcuffs on me".

So see you all at the May Day rent strike demonstrations, right?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Extremely good point about the hypocrisy of the people screaming about being singled out re: beach shutdowns also being the same that pull the "All Lives Matter" and "Comply with the Authorities" when it involves the less privileged or darker pigment. But as soon as the shoe is on the other foot...

If there is going to be police brutality, it should span the economic spectrum.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Extremely good point about the hypocrisy of the people screaming about being singled out re: beach shutdowns also being the same that pull the "All Lives Matter" and "Comply with the Authorities" when it involves the less privileged or darker pigment. But as soon as the shoe is on the other foot...

If there is going to be police brutality, it should span the economic spectrum.
Kento 2020!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
Kento 2020!!!
I’m in dthb every day. I support the initial shut down but really not sure about this statewide beach closure thing. A lot of cities were starting to lift regulations on things and it seemed like the right thing to do. That said, hard to say if this measure is necessarily the wrong thing to do either. Maybe we will have a large upswing due to the crowds (or would have), maybe not.

Anyways, doesn’t really matter much to me. I will say dthb last weekend was an absolute shitshow. I personally stay in my bubble, but my friend rode around and said it was like there was an event going on, crazy. Outside of where I am there was tons of 9 ballers parked getting sh!t faced at their cars and yelling at passerby’s, like usual on any summer weekend. Expecting more of the same this weekend, with potentially more angst and clashing of authorities?

News choppers been in the air since 6:30 AM, waking the whole damn town up. Good to know half the city will be a little short on sleep and on edge going into what’s already sure to be a hectic weekend...

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
News choppers been in the air since 6:30 AM, waking the whole damn town up. Good to know half the city will be a little short on sleep and on edge going into what’s already sure to be a hectic weekend...
Plaeboi when they opened Jax Beach back up on that one Friday I thought they were killing multiple bin Ladens there were so many helicotpers.

• Haha
Reactions: johnson7