CA Beaches Done

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
All the non face mask wearing non social distancing beach party idiots caused it. Wait 2 weeks when we see a surge from this past weeks beach parties. Until there is mass testing and quarantining of the infected, nothing is gonna change. America fk ya! We want our freedom at the expense of our health. Inept gov at all levels. Destroy our economy by they can’t afford testing and strict quarantine of the infected. Dumbshat everywhere. Looking like a 1 year lockdown min

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
All the non face mask wearing non social distancing beach party idiots caused it. Wait 2 weeks when we see a surge from this past weeks beach parties. Until there is mass testing and quarantining of the infected, nothing is gonna change. America fk ya! We want our freedom at the expense of our health. Inept gov at all levels. Destroy our economy by they can’t afford testing and strict quarantine of the infected. Dumbshat everywhere. Looking like a 1 year lockdown min
Yep. Total failure, as far as the eye can see. No federal response to speak of. We elected a clown, and we got a circus. What a clusterfvck. 100 year flood and we got the reality show president at the helm. Fvck me.

Nov 20, 2008
I’m all for staying away from crowds and doing my part to not spread the virus, but denying access to the ocean is bullshit.

“Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety” Ben Franklin

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I don't get the rationale.
Its really very simple. Authoritarian governor must punish the peasants for getting out of line.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep. Total failure, as far as the eye can see. No federal response to speak of. We elected a clown, and we got a circus. What a clusterfvck. 100 year flood and we got the reality show president at the helm. Fvck me.
Pretty dumb reaction. I figure your reaction would be the exact opposite if it was the President Of The United States who was mandating like a king that the beaches in your state be closed. Then you'd be screaming for State's Rights.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I don't get it. We had enough law enforcement to completely shut down the beaches in SD County. Why can't he address that area and give them a chance to shape up? If there's enough police to enforce a total closure, there's enough police to enforce the people coming to just hang out.

This will be the tipping point.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Me neither. He should take a tip from Hawaii -- basically a $1,000 fine if your ass touches the sand. Runners - fine. Surfers - fine. FIsherman - fine. Sunbathers? Nope.
Easy solution is to deputize the parking enforcement for each city to ticket for all of this - once in a lifetime opportunity for those nazis and I guarantee they will enforce the sh!t out of those laws.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I don't get it. We had enough law enforcement to completely shut down the beaches in SD County. Why can't he address that area and give them a chance to shape up? If there's enough police to enforce a total closure, there's enough police to enforce the people coming to just hang out.

This will be the tipping point.

I think so.

Meanwhile the San Ysidro border crossing is wide open - no social distancing going on in TJ - no health screening at the border. 2 hr wait time yesterday.

But yeah, we're gonna yank the beaches because of Newport Beach.

Lets see if any communities have the balls to defy the governor's order.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
It’s pretty dumb

you have to allow low risk outdoor access to keep people sane

you cannot expect the entire population to remain confined to their homes indefinitely

then there is the matter of severely limiting accessible outdoor space causing everyone to jam the few remaining venues

if you really want to reduce crowds you would open up all public outdoor spaces simultaneously