BUT IT'S ONLY COMING FROM FRINGE GROUPS ON THE INTERNET!

That headline is a bit misleading, more like "revise" the history classes not "abolish"

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
  • Love
Reactions: hal9000

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Good. Maybe this will lead to a more complete teaching of US history.
More complete by leaving out everything except for the contributions of people who were marginalized at the time? Maybe painting the whole narrative as nothing more than struggle of marginalized people against white males?

GTFO

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
If only we could we find the middle ground on this stuff, US history as presently taught is a fairytale and the super left revisionism is just as bad.

Reactions: Ifallalot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I agree 100%

History isn't even taught until college as far as I'm concerned. There's simply not enough time in K-12 to teach history properly.
That’s why Al Gore invented the internets. You don’t have to know history, you just have to know googles.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Reactions: enframed

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
There is nothing misleading about that headline

These lawmakers are striving to abolish history instruction until it can fit into their narrow definition of correct doctrine
No, they don't.

Also, I have not problem with greater emphasis on civics in general, which might make for higher voter turnout.

Don't Texan Christians try to do the same thing?

Exactly. In addition, education is local in this country. If that's what Illinois wants, mechanically it's no different from what Texas is doing.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
No, they don't.

Also, I have not problem with greater emphasis on civics in general, which might make for higher voter turnout.

Exactly. In addition, education is local in this country. If that's what Illinois wants, mechanically it's no different from what Texas is doing.
Did you read the article?

Also, just because Texans are doing something retarded doesn’t mean Illinois should do something more retarded

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Did you read the article?

Also, just because Texans are doing something retarded doesn’t mean Illinois should do something more retarded
You're right. It's usually the rest of the Bible Belt who hand over the mistress horsewhips, grab the crucifix, and say Hey Y'All Watch This!

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot