But how does solar work when it rains?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I had a client last year have a direct hit lightning strike on a rooftop solar installation. Took out solar inverters, the circuit boards on their AC system and a bunch of other stuff. Pretty much everything electronic was fried even if it was on a surge protector. Was probably about a $100,000 insurance claim. Was wondering if the solar on the roof could have actually attracted the lightning strike or if it was just random? Normally a building like that would have a lightning suppression system I would think.
Do you know if insurance paid out? I wonder if the insurance company would call a lightning strike and 'act of God' and put it into the category of "We don't pay out for Acts of God, War, Terrorism, and stampeding Elephants."

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Wasn’t Elon Musk going to give us all solar paint for our houses or some equally stupid shite?

Whatevr happened to that?

Also how does solar power work at night??? That’s always confused me.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Yea right dummy. The thing with these wells is that they put them in the ground and they produce for decades. There are wells like this all over Marcellus Shale country bringing clean natural gas to the entire Eastern Seaboard. Once the drilling process is complete and the well is producing you're left with a wellhead sticking out of a concrete pad and that's about it.

This picture is what the newest well site on my parents property looked like at the end of the drilling process about four years ago with still some equipment on site. On my last visit this area was completely overgrown with tall grass. If you google map Marcellus Shale country you'll see sites like this one all over the place in various stages due to the recent drilling boom. Over the next decade you will see them all but vanish into the landscape as they continue to produce gas for decades to come.

View attachment 139198

This shot of a well not on my parent's property is similar to what remains on the pad site in my picture above. That is a completed gas well. It connects to an underground network of pipelines.

By the way, this is what a natural gas pipeline in West Virginia looks like. The bear is sitting on it.

View attachment 139200

This is the view of the pipeline looking up the hillside in during deer season. Makes for easy deer hunting especially when you plant strategic food plots along said pipeline.

View attachment 139201
That’s great!
Ho Le Fuk are you stupid. Rain doesn’t matter. Cloud cover matters.
there was no cloud cover with that hurricane, so good point. Had there been cloud cover with that hurricane the community would definitely have lost power.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
there was no cloud cover with that hurricane, so good point. Had there been cloud cover with that hurricane the community would definitely have lost power.
Using that logic they wouldn’t have power from their system at night. Why don’t you get with plasticretard and tell us how it works?

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand