But he's not white

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Smartass kid, throwing a gotcha my way: "Hey Mr. Hammies, what do you think of gender fluidity?"

Me: "Well I don't know anything about that, but I am happy to discuss the primary and secondary sex characteristics of male and female mammals, if you like."

Kid: "Uh, OK..."

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Literally every definition of gender states that it's not a biological term.
I'm not disagreeing with that part of it. I'm questioning whether JP actually said that, especially given the controversy over pronouns. Therefore I'd be surprised if he did. From what I understand, gender is how you identify and biological sex is your plumbing. Sometimes people use the terms interchangeably. Even if they shouldn't, it happens.

Maybe listen to JP podcast sometimes, I'm not going to search it for you.
How convenient :roflmao: So now I can just say "heard it on Rogan!" and not post a direct quote or even an episode, and it's your responsibility to listen to (tens of) thousands of hours to prove me wrong :unsure: :roflmao: Just want to be clear on the ground rules :poke:

Usually the onus is on the one making the claim to provide the proof. Holy fook, so dishonest.

BTW I have no desire to listen to his podcast, he's a loon and a chore to listen to.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I'm not disagreeing with that part of it. I'm questioning whether JP actually said that, especially given the controversy over pronouns. Therefore I'd be surprised if he did. From what I understand, gender is how you identify and biological sex is your plumbing. Sometimes people use the terms interchangeably- it happens.

How convenient :roflmao: So now I can just say "heard it on Rogan!" and not post a direct quote or even an episode, and it's your responsibility to listen to (tens of) thousands of hours to prove me wrong :unsure: :roflmao: Just want to be clear on the ground rules :poke: Holy fook, so dishonest.

BTW I have no desire to listen to his podcast, he's a loon and a chore to listen to.
So gender is a social construct and not a scientific term. So much for your "anti-science" claim.

If you think Im going to sit through hours of Jordan Peterson' s podcasts to prove you wrong, you're fucking insane. :roflmao:

It's a widely accepted definition, even the loons like Peterson are not disputing it. He's disputing transgender rights and laws that protect them.

Like you, he's a conservative dickhead who is scared of change.

1665631275591.png

Last edited:

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
So gender is a social construct and not a scientific term. So much for your "anti-science" claim.

If you think Im going to sit through hours of Jordan Peterson' s podcasts to prove you wrong, you're fucking insane. :roflmao:

It's a widely accepted definition, even the loons like Peterson are not disputing it. He's disputing transgender rights and laws that protect them.View attachment 139827
I guess the question then is how much it has anything to do with biological sex.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not really. I even admitted that the terms are used interchangeably more often than they should, and that I am sometimes guilty of this. To be exact and dictionary compliant, the effects of "biological sex" on sports, athleticism and physicality are indisputable. Democrats making legislation that undermines this is either ignoring the scientific facts or telling women to eat sh!t and deal with it.

I'm not asking you to, but it's not my responsibility to take your word for it either if you don't have proof. That's how that works. Especially because we've all seen how badly you butcher the statements of other people, whether that's intentional and/or your own difficulty with understanding what people say.

It's a widely accepted definition,
Again, not disagreeing with that. What I questioned is whether JP said that.

even the loons like Peterson are not disputing it. He's disputing transgender rights and laws that protect them.
Which laws exactly?

Like you, he's a conservative dickhead who is scared of change.
:roflmao: Even democrats are divided +/- right down the middle over whether transpeople should compete in sports. https://www.npr.org/2022/06/29/1107484965/transgender-athletes-trans-rights-gender-transition-poll

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Not really. I even admitted that the terms are used interchangeably more often than they should, and that I am sometimes guilty of this. To be exact and dictionary compliant, the effects of "biological sex" on sports, athleticism and physicality are indisputable. Democrats making legislation that undermines this is either ignoring the scientific facts or telling women to eat sh!t and deal with it.

I'm not asking you to, but it's not my responsibility to take your word for it either if you don't have proof. That's how that works. Especially because we've all seen how badly you butcher the statements of other people, whether that's intentional and/or your own difficulty with understanding what people say.

Again, not disagreeing with that. What I questioned is whether JP said that.

Which laws exactly?

:roflmao: Even democrats are divided +/- right down the middle over whether transpeople should compete in sports. https://www.npr.org/2022/06/29/1107484965/transgender-athletes-trans-rights-gender-transition-poll
Okay good, we agree on something.
Gender is a social construct and has nothing to do with science.

Peterson would surely not deny facts?

Now, with 0.6% of Americans identifying as transgenders, how many transgenders are there competing in sports, with the opposite biological sex?

2? 5? 10?

8612B631-EE52-40B3-AB9F-BA42BBBDCE14.png

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Fringes like President Biden? Fringes like the International Olympic Committee?
:roflmao:
Do you know what “fringe” actuallly means :unsure:
No actual response to my other post?

How big of a problem is this exactly?

Out of 63,000 athletes, 2 transgenders competed and neither of them won anything.

:roflmao:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
No actual response to my other post?

How big of a problem is this exactly?
It's obviously a big enough issue for the Biden administration to get involved. It's either a fringe issue that nobody should worry about, in which case why is the administration bothering with it because we have far bigger problems, or it's enough of an issue that it needs to be addressed one way or another. Can't be both.

Out of 63,000 athletes, 2 transgenders competed and neither of them won anything.
Yes, going back for 2 decades, during times when it was not socially acceptable to be trans. However if you look at high school sports there are far more trans athletes and many are dominating and breaking records. This is where it pisses regular people off because it threatens scholarship opportunities for young women.

In that case, you are either ignoring the science or you are telling young women to deal with it. Also, your article was written by a trans person, so not exactly neutral and balanced.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It's obviously a big enough issue for the Biden administration to get involved. It's either a fringe issue that nobody should worry about, in which case why is the administration bothering with it because we have far bigger problems, or it's enough of an issue that it needs to be addressed one way or another. Can't be both.

Yes, going back for 2 decades, during times when it was not socially acceptable to be trans. However if you look at high school sports there are far more trans athletes and many are dominating and breaking records. This is where it pisses regular people off because it threatens scholarship opportunities for young women.

In that case, you are either ignoring the science or you are telling young women to deal with it. Also, your article was written by a trans person, so not exactly neutral and balanced.
LOL

Beating around the bush, deflecting and semantiking.

What's the number of trans athletes that beat women in sports?

Nick Kerr

OTF status
Apr 3, 2020
Where has the erbb hear this before? :nana:

The forum resident racist has chimed in.

The only place on earth Italians aren't considered Latin is in the US. Italians were Latin long before anyone south of your favorite taco stand in San Diego was considered Latin or Latin American.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
LOL

Beating around the bush, deflecting and semantiking.

What's the number of trans athletes that beat women in sports?
There doesn't seem to be a centralized database for this sort of thing but here's some examples:

" According to ADF legal counsel Christiana Holcomb, two transgender athletes—Miller and another runner, Andraya Yearwood—“have amassed 15 different state championship titles that were once held by nine different girls across the state.”

As trans becomes more accepted in society (which it should be, btw) we will see more of this and more controversies.