Bunions.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
no but think long and hard before you get down to foot surgery. seems to be a crap shoot and i have yet to meet anyone (myself included) who was happy with the outcome.

Reactions: Mr Doof

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Years ago I had to get a needle in the arch of my foot for a few stitches on the ball of my foot. They warned me in advance that the needle was going to be extremely painful and they sprayed my foot with a freeze spray as they gave me the needle to deaden the pain. That needle was the most excruciating pain I can imagine.......like your worst ever needle from a dentist times 1000. If I ever had to get that needle again, I'd want a strong tranquillizer first.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Buddy had to get them surgically removed, HIs were so bad his big toes were pointing inward at an extreme angle. Couldn't wear shoes, just flip flops. The surgery fixed his issues, but it meant a couple months dry docked.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Doof

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Wearing good shoes help, wider toes. Cortisone shots help but only temporary. Cold water really seems to bother mine so booties stay on longer.

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
A good podiatrist consultation is in order. Hope you can avoid surgery at mentioned! I've stuck many a foot with a needle and that isn't fun and definitely painful for the patients. Bunions usually result for bone alignment abnormalities of genetics, acquired causes, footwear, fallen arches etc. and once you have them they are not easy to treat.