Bugmen will eat bugs

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
When I think of eating bugs I think of lobster. :love:

That’s what divers around here call them.

On another question- we went to Disneyland the other day and my wife ordered a dish made with “impossible meat balls.” Fuk that chit was good. I mean really good. Now I’m hungry thinking about it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
When I think of eating bugs I think of lobster. :love:

That’s what divers around here call them.

On another question- we went to Disneyland the other day and my wife ordered a dish made with “impossible meat balls.” Fuk that chit was good. I mean really good. Now I’m hungry thinking about it.

Lobsters are aquatic bugs without the parasites found in crickets.

That menu is for neurotic white ladies.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
man bear pig thinks the social engineering of children is funny
social engineering of children is basically the definition of parenting.
Yea I was gonna jump on the lymes vaccine trials but my girl was freaked out that they were trying to discourage pregnancy during the trial period of 3 years. Couldn’t get any straight answers about why without going to the site where they the you the shot, which is about an hour from me.
i would take it if they offered it. i know of a guy in my area who has lyme disease and will apparently have it forever. i only know of this because his brother is a world champion longboarder and has the clout to throw fundraisers for him periodically, which he will apparently also need forever. lyme disease is one of those bend-over-backwards-to-avoid diseases, imo.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
social engineering of children is basically the definition of parenting.

i would take it if they offered it. i know of a guy in my area who has lyme disease and will apparently have it forever. i only know of this because his brother is a world champion longboarder and has the clout to throw fundraisers for him periodically, which he will apparently also need forever. lyme disease is one of those bend-over-backwards-to-avoid diseases, imo.
Yea, apparently if you catch it early it’s not so bad. I know a bunch of people who have had it, caught it early and have no long term effects. I’m in the woods, off trail constantly for both work and non work situations so I really want it. Last weekend I think I must have taken about 60+ ticks off me; but no bites.

• Wow
Reactions: grapedrink

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
we are engineering ours to learn how to fish, forage, trap, backyard farm, and all sorts of other good sh!t. :beer:
how old were they when you put survivor type into bed-time book rotation?

1666366998457.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kento

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
“i would take it if they offered it. i know of a guy in my area who has lyme disease and will apparently have it forever. i only know of this because his brother is a world champion longboarder and has the clout to throw fundraisers for him periodically, which he will apparently also need forever. lyme disease is one of those bend-over-backwards-to-avoid diseases, imo.”

yup.

if you want to creep yourself about LD a little bit more, check out bitten, by kris newby. it’s not only deer ticks to worry about now...

it seems like manbearsquirrel is basically illiterate, but maybe he could get someone to read him the highlights in between his plum island surf sessions...

:shark:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: manbearpig and PRCD

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
how old were they when you put survivor type into bed-time book rotation?

View attachment 140339
Soon. Very soon. Skeleton Crew was book I got at supermarket and rest was history; Survivor Type was one of my favorites in there. Good introduction to Ace Merrill in Nona I believe it was. And hey, starting out with The Mist as first SK story I read, I was hooked.

Trying to get my daughter to read Eyes of the Dragon but she is too busy mowing through the Dork Diaries series for the 2nd time now. She'll get equally hooked. :jamon:

Reactions: sussle

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Yes. This is why these things need to be left to the parents, not pushed at schools
but it doesn't work that way. for better or worse, kids get social engineering via schools, media, peer groups, neighbors, and yes, even the G. not necessarily a bad thing either, imho. there's a lot of whacked parents out there, now more than ever - i'm hope there is a counterbalance in the wider world for some the nonsense some kids are learning at home. ymmv.

Reactions: One-Off