Bugmen will eat bugs

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Well, I tried one of those beyond burgers
i will not try one again

I guess I was thinking about gluten free being a woke food
maybe it’s not woke, but there’s money in that stuff
When you put together all the different niches and health food together, yes, there is money.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I will admit that I am attracted to extreme viewpoints

That question is another part of your bias to blame everything on external stimuli while removing free will and self-determination

It's not even worth answering because there's no basis in common ground between our two viewpoints
You are mischaraterizing my frame now.

Let me try to clarify:

It's temperament (nature) + environment (nurture) + fallible decision making system.

Surely, you can admit now that your previous hyper liberal stance was a product of all these variables.

Surely, you can see that if you were wrong before you could be wrong again.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You are mischaraterizming my frame now.

Let me try to clarify:

It's temperament (nature) + environment (nurture) + fallible decision making system.

Surely, you can admit now that your previous hyper liberal stance was a product of all these variables.
My previous hyper liberal stance came from too many drugs and a misguided financial victimhood mentality

Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My previous hyper liberal stance came from too many drugs and a misguided financial victimhood mentality
We're still getting shafted by big banks, corporations, and managerial capitalism AND we can all do the best we can with the money we make.

Throughout history, the powerful have always preyed on the weak and that's why the weak appeal to God.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
There's no market for this because 1) it's gross and 2) it's processed even more than meat. If you want to go plant-based, you need an Instant Pot and some legumes, but most Westerners are going to see this as a huge step down because it's basically a Third World diet. In fact, the reason Northern Europeans survived the mini Ice Age from 1200 to 1900 was because they ate more animal-based foods like dairy and meat. This is why so many Northern European adults are lactose-tolerant later in life - they went through the selection event of the mini-Ice Age.

Germans eat pork with almost every meal. Dutch eat dairy with everything. English like roast beef. Scandinavians eat all of the above and a lot of fish.
Beyond Meat is trading at 1/4 of its IPO price and was not much higher than it is now when the SP500 was at its peak. It's a sham. I'd also love to see the total carbon footprint when you factor in all of the inputs, manufacturing and transport stages.

The CEO of BYND (or maybe Impossible, can't recall) was advocating for additional taxes on beef . . . . At least he is out in the open about it :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Beyond Meat is trading at 1/4 of its IPO price and was not much higher than it is now when the SP500 was at its peak. It's a sham. I'd also love to see the total carbon footprint when you factor in all of the inputs, manufacturing and transport stages.

The CEO of BYND (or maybe Impossible, can't recall) was advocating for additional taxes on beef . . . . At least he is out in the open about it :ROFLMAO:
What ISN'T a scam nowadays? Seems like there's so much regulatory capture that all of these big corporations have figured out how to get everyone on a Slavery as a Service model while delivering no value.

Reactions: grapedrink

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
What ISN'T a scam nowadays? Seems like there's so much regulatory capture that all of these big corporations have figured out how to get everyone on a Slavery as a Service model while delivering no value.
Old Conservo-Libertarian saying:
The more government regulates business, the more that business tries to regulate government.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I thought fudruckers was like tgiFridays
ive only seen Cracker Barrel in new england
never been in one
inthought it was mostly good tasting hearty for thats not good for you, but not terrible as long as it’s not what you eat all the time

i mean, it’s a chees brand, so I always thought it would just be cheesy stuff, but it’s not

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Popular in place without Cracker Barrels. This is another case of people not understanding the cultural divide
You do realize that Cracker Barrel customers aren’t losing anything by them choosing to serve a vegan/vegetarian alternative right? Their existing menu still applies. This is nothing more than a classic example of the anti-woke acting crazier than the crazy woke. And intolerant people like you shitting their pants over literally nothing. What happened to the free market and letting that make the decision for cracker barrel? If nobody wants impossible burgers it’s just gonna be a failed menu item that will eventually disappear, big fvcking deal. You don’t want impossible, don’t order it.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
FWIW Cracker Barrel has always sucked. The fact that anyone is passionate enough about that place to have this fight is bananas. I’m not sure what’s worse, clowns like iFall picking up this fight just because he’s they’re being told to or that they’re actually a Cracker Barrel enthusiast who’s feelings are hurt by this new menu option?

Last edited:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
FWIW Cracker Barrel has always sucked. The fact that anyone is passionate enough about that place to have this fight is bananas. I’m not sure what’s worse, clowns like iFall picking up this fight just because he’s they’re being told to or that they’re actually a Cracker Barrel enthusiast who’s feelings are hurt by this new menu option?
this :cheers: this story would have gotten here any way but i'm pleased to have contributed this item for iFall and his fellow Cultural Grievance Warriors to pounce on.

do not come between a CGW and his trigger :shameonyou: :roflmao:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
i wonder if they’ll see a bump in business just due to having their name out there
no such thing as bad press, even if adding something to a menu could be considered bad press

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
i wonder if they’ll see a bump in business just due to having their name out there
no such thing as bad press, even if adding something to a menu could be considered bad press
Speaking for myself, I have no plans of picking up the slack of iFall’s Cracker Barrel boycott.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink