Bugmen will eat bugs

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Gullible about what? What exactly am I wrong about? Rowe's parents were school teachers and Rogan grew up in home where his biological Dad left and they spent a few years on food stamps. Certainly not destitute poverty, but not exactly a silver spoon for either of them.

Maybe you are simply jealous because you've failed at moving up in life? Jealousy is an ugly emotion.
Seems like arguing with mundus and plasticbertrand is really important to you.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Gullible about what? What exactly am I wrong about? Rowe's parents were school teachers and Rogan grew up in home where his biological Dad left and they spent a few years on food stamps. Certainly not destitute poverty, but not exactly a silver spoon for either of them.

Maybe you are simply jealous because you've failed at moving up in life? Jealousy is an ugly emotion.
Daddy Rowe and Rogan love you so much, such a good little Boi.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Guess you can't answer the question. Thanks for proving my point!
Mike Rowe has never worked a hard job in his life, his occupation was opera singer. The fact that you think retail jobs are low stress tells me how out of touch with reality you are. Keep sucking off grifters like a good little rube.

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
There’s nothing that the Left hates more than someone who uses their own sweat equity to improve their lot in life without government assistance. Even worse, they leverage free market dynamics and turn that hard work into a successful business. They especially hate when that person is a minority because it proves that all of their narratives about the evil white man keeping them down to be compete BS.

Only the government is allowed to create equality (or is it equity now?), and only they get to decide where the ceiling is.
I think a couple of days ago you asked why I though you’re right leaning
When you mischarachterize the left like that, it makes you sound like you’re right leaning

I certainly applaud anyone who creates their own opportunity

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I think a could of days ago you asked why I though you’re right leaning
When you mischarachterize the left like that, it makes you sound like you’re right leaning

I certainly applaud anyone who creates their own opportunity
Not to mention that everybody creates their own opportunity.

Bragging about it is the libertarian way.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Seems like giving them attention is exactly what they want, so why do it? Kind ignoring is the way.
Putting people on ignore is a good way for you guys to stay in your bubble and not have to answer awkward questions that would hurt your fragile egos.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Mike Rowe has never worked a hard job in his life, his occupation was opera singer. The fact that you think retail jobs are low stress tells me how out of touch with reality you are. Keep sucking off grifters like a good little rube.
That's why he changed the argument from "working class" to "humble beginnings".

Imagine thinking that opera singer is a humble begining. :roflmao:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's why he changed the argument from "working class" to "humble beginnings".

Imagine thinking that opera singer is a humble begining. :roflmao:
Where exactly did I say "Working Class"? You even admitted that PRCD was the one who said that, not me. I never changed anything. I'll ask again- why are you such a pathological liar? :unsure: #fecallies

I would call being raised by public school teachers to be on the humble side- if you want to disagree with that, fine. You are probably paying your own way through school if your parents are teachers. Rogan came from a lower income upbringing than that.

The broader take home point is that neither of them had their riches handed them, they both had to grind for it on some level.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
PRCD has a point

Arguing with midwit bugmen really isn't worth our time
Agreed. Even when you have a clear cut dunk on fecalface that proves him wrong, like I have with the cow issue, he still finds a way to accuse you of "backpedaling" instead of admitting he's wrong. Or he finds the quote of someone else and attributes that to you and formulates a response around an argument you never made, then accuses you of backpedaling when you correct him, like he did with PRCDs "working class" comment.

Therefore at best it's either clever trolling, which if it is hats off to him, or I am dealing with someone who is certifiably insane, at which point I should probably feel sympathy for him. Either way you are right, it's a waste of time to engage.

While admittedly frustrating, at least his insanity is all on display in this thread, where anyone with half a brain can follow what I've posted and tell that fecal is wrong and out of his mind.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Mike Rowe has never worked a hard job in his life, his occupation was opera singer.
You don't go from being the offspring of public school teachers in friggin Baltimore to being on TV without grinding somewhere for someone, especially in the 90s. Passion jobs require you to eat sh!t and grind and hope that someone notices you and gives you a chance. Even then it is contingent on you producing something of value because real money is on the line at that point.

I take it you've never had to do that, which is why you think it's so easy? I admit that I haven't, at least not to that extent.

The fact that you think retail jobs are low stress tells me how out of touch with reality you are.
I've done plenty of retail jobs. Clothing, surf shop, fast food, fireplaces/grills/patio furniture etc, and probably some others that I can't recall. By the time I started college I had probably done a couple dozen random jobs. Retail can certainly be stressful in terms of person-to-person interactions, but in terms of physical stress there is absolutely no comparison to the types of jobs in the show. Which is why physical labor jobs tend to pay much more than being a cashier at Bed Bath Beyond.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Where exactly did I say "Working Class"? You even admitted that PRCD was the one who said that, not me. I never changed anything. I'll ask again- why are you such a pathological liar? :unsure: #fecallies
Great derail. I said, "Both guys represent the working and middle classes. Laptop class bugmen don't want them represented."

"Represent" - get it? As in, "Working and middle class guys think that Rogan speaks to issues they care about and publicizes them."

You've gone on for pages with people who can't read. What do you get out of this?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I saw Rowe's show a few times, fairly entertaining. I think Mike Rowe gets points for publicizing and garnering some sympathy for the poor working slobs working shitty jobs. But his politics prevent him form actually advocating for policies that benefit those slobs, so he loses points for that. Net: zero points.