Bugmen will eat bugs

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I get them all mixed up but is that the same guy that promotes alpha maledom or something like that?

I need to so I can hydrate properly before laughing long and hard.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Meat and Benzo's. I don't think I would be able to stop crying if I was on this dystopian diet either. I love how part of his schtick is like "clean your room", and yet like a child he won't eat his veggies. Jordan eat a freaking cucumber man, you look like hell.
View attachment 135207
I think Benzos are the most addictive.

I know lots of people who aren't addictive struggle with those.

I'm lucky because I never liked.

They made me feel weak.

I'm a man. I need to feel strong!

Give me some H and some Ritalin! :dancing:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I get them all mixed up but is that the same guy that promotes alpha maledom or something like that?

The best surfer around here is a Brazilian guy who is super quiet and super nice. He's the nicest person I have ever met. You almost can't believe it's real but it is.

I also get the sense that you would not want to get him mad.

My friend who is a childish dick like me says he has to be on his best behavior around this guy because he's so nice.

I say, "He makes you the man you were meant to be."

My friend can't wait for him to leave so he can be mean to me.

I would say this guy is a natural leader without even trying.

Talking about alpha male hood is a tell.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

I don't know if that would be him. He's a Canadian intellectual. A clinical Psychologist and former professor. He was one of the early "victims" of cancel culture who had a viral moment dunking on some college students which he parlayed into a career giving lectures and writing books. I don't think it would be inaccurate to describe him as Christian and Conservative but he's not exactly a Christian Conservative, if that makes any sense. My impression is that he's fairly concerned with much of the culture war stuff. Wokeism, trans people, attacks on western culture, the "family", you know, all the hits. I don't agree with a lot of what he says but he's generally fairly well spoken and I don't get the impression that he's acting in bad faith. I think it's good to listen to people we disagree with so we don't get too echo-chambered.

Anyways, a few years ago he was preaching this carnivore diet as having basically cured every health problem he was suffering from and then within a year he totally dropped off the scene. He's back now after a long hiatus and it turns out he was struggling with Benzo addiction and from what I gather he had gone to Russia or somewhere for addiction treatment. Anyways, I don't want be too hard on him because I think he's got some mental problems but I just thought it was kind of funny because he was always preaching this hardline personal responsibility narrative and then it turns out he's an addict who by all accounts almost died and was in a coma etc. Since he's come back he mostly blames the doctors who prescribed him the pills, the medical system that failed to detox him and so on which doesn't really align with his own narratives, I think.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I don't know if that would be him. He's a Canadian intellectual. A clinical Psychologist and former professor. He was one of the early "victims" of cancel culture who had a viral moment dunking on some college students which he parlayed into a career giving lectures and writing books. I don't think it would be inaccurate to describe him as Christian and Conservative but he's not exactly a Christian Conservative, if that makes any sense. My impression is that he's fairly concerned with much of the culture war stuff. Wokeism, trans people, attacks on western culture, the "family", you know, all the hits. I don't agree with a lot of what he says but he's generally fairly well spoken and I don't get the impression that he's acting in bad faith. I think it's good to listen to people we disagree with so we don't get too echo-chambered.

Anyways, a few years ago he was preaching this carnivore diet as having basically cured every health problem he was suffering from and then within a year he totally dropped off the scene. He's back now after a long hiatus and it turns out he was struggling with Benzo addiction and from what I gather he had gone to Russia or somewhere for addiction treatment. Anyways, I don't want be too hard on him because I think he's got some mental problems but I just thought it was kind of funny because he was always preaching this hardline personal responsibility narrative and then it turns out he's an addict who by all accounts almost died and was in a coma etc. Since he's come back he mostly blames the doctors who prescribed him the pills, the medical system that failed to detox him and so on which doesn't really align with his own narratives, I think.
The guy always struck me as a grifter. How did he get to be famous anyways? Usually famous guys have some sort of backer. Initially, his target market was as a surrogate father for so many young Millennials and Zoomers who don't have a dad at home or who have a poor one. I figured this out by talking to some of the Zoomers at work who listened to him. As you pointed out, though, he's a drug addict and doesn't have his own sh1t together so he shouldn't be giving advice to younger men. I've noticed that the young men who listen to him seem stuck in a rut and spinning their wheels. They really need to listen to someone like Mike Rowe instead.

After rehab, he's one of these culture warriors like Ben Shapiro whose business model is that of an ambulance-chasing lawyer - get involved in every fray to drive up clicks. His product is his brand or himself. In this case, he's at least platforming legitimate people like Michael Yon so I'm not as hard on him. I clicked through all of Peterson's interruptions/sidebar. The point is, the 4 horsemen ride together. John PA Ioannidis warned of this outcome in 2020.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The guy always struck me as a grifter. How did he get to be famous anyways? Usually famous guys have some sort of backer. Initially, his target market was as a surrogate father for so many young Millennials and Zoomers who don't have a dad at home or who have a poor one. I figured this out by talking to some of the Zoomers at work who listened to him. As you pointed out, though, he's a drug addict and doesn't have his own sh1t together so he shouldn't be giving advice to younger men. I've noticed that the young men who listen to him seem stuck in a rut and spinning their wheels. They really need to listen to someone like Mike Rowe instead.

After rehab, he's one of these culture warriors like Ben Shapiro whose business model is that of an ambulance-chasing lawyer - get involved in every fray to drive up clicks. His product is his brand or himself. In this case, he's at least platforming legitimate people like Michael Yon so I'm not too hard on him. I clicked through all of Peterson's interruptions/sidebar. The point is, the 4 horsemen ride together. John PA Ioannidis warned of this outcome in 2020.
He got popular simply because he stood up to the nonsense

Otherwise you're 100% right

And not only should people listen to Mike Rowe instead for every single reason, but for the fact Mike Rowe has one of the best voices on earth, while JP sounds like Kermit the Frog

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
He got popular simply because he stood up to the nonsense

Otherwise you're 100% right

And not only should people listen to Mike Rowe instead for every single reason, but for the fact Mike Rowe has one of the best voices on earth, while JP sounds like Kermit the Frog
@Aruka's picture tells you everything you need to know about him. Glad to see another Physiognomy Believer (TM)

Reactions: Ifallalot

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Mike Rowe the Dirty Job's guy?
yes, he's he's that carefully cultivated every man in his jeans and boots who spends his day filming blue collar workers and his nights on fox news telling us why raising the minimum wage for blue collar workers is a bad idea. he's a multi millionaire who's show is funded by the largest oil and gas trade group in the world. but don't worry, they don't tell him what to say or have any influence over his messaging. he just happens to love oil and gas so much that he feels the need to talk about it in every episode. oil and gas is an essential part of a complete breakfast.

it's hard to hate the guy though. he's so charming with his deep voice and his composed demeanor. the reptilian eyed fox news host can go on an anti woke leftist rant but he would sooner dive head first into a septic tank before he would take the bait and respond with more than a wry smile. he didn't get this far by alienating his centrist viewers.

he's somewhat reaganesque in his style but probably even more skilled in his delivery than the fabled lightbulb salesman turned president. it's all, "golly, politics sure is complicated" "politics, what a concept!" followed by super basic bitch republican talking point. like, gee, i dunno, what if we cut taxes for the top 1%, maybe that would help the working class?

mike rowe is basically mitt romney wrapped in denim.

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
yes, he's he's that carefully cultivated every man in his jeans and boots who spends his day filming blue collar workers and his nights on fox news telling us why raising the minimum wage for blue collar workers is a bad idea. he's a multi millionaire who's show is funded by the largest oil and gas trade group in the world. but don't worry, they don't tell him what to say or have any influence over his messaging. he just happens to love oil and gas so much that he feels the need to talk about it in every episode. oil and gas is an essential part of a complete breakfast.
On top of all that, he built his career on the show that mocks blue collar workers doing the worst jobs on the planet.

Pretending to be one of the boys, while vomitting snooty libertarian nonsense on Fox News.

He's such a perfect fit for ifailalot.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
On top of all that, he built his career on the show that mocks blue collar workers doing the worst jobs on the planet.
Does it? Sounds like you are injecting your own biases into this one. I always thought that it was meant to get people to appreciate the dirty work that has to be done for a functioning society (such as cleaning and pumping septic tanks) and give blue collar work more visibility. The “making fun” is making light of gross situations to make the show more fun and watchable, and the workers seemed to enjoy putting him through it.

Beyond that, those jobs typically pay more than crappy service/retail jobs. There is also a clear path for those who do that work to become independent owners because they are largely sweat equity based businesses that do work nobody wants to do, who often go on to be millionaire owner operators.